• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Looks like a Nino if you ask me but it's not a bad look. Very strange given the background moderate La Nina. On the plus side, models have been slowly weakening the AK vortex. Hopefully we can build some ridging up in the Aleutians and get Canada cold later in December. 

• Like 4

Man this is pretty depressing.  Beating historical lows year after year.... 

https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

"A vast area of the Arctic Ocean remains ice free as November begins, far later in the season than is typical. The monthly average ice extent for October is the lowest in the satellite record. On October 24, a record difference was set in daily ice extent relative to the 1981 to 2010 average. Large heat transfers from the open water to the atmosphere have manifested as above-average air temperatures near the surface of the ocean."

"Sea ice extent for October 2020 was 5.28 million square kilometers (2.04 million square miles), placing it lowest in the satellite record for the month. This was 3.07 million square kilometers (1.19 million square miles) below the 1981 to 2010 October average and 450,000 square kilometers (173,700 square miles) below the record low mark for October set in 2019. October 2020 is the largest departure from average conditions seen in any month thus far in the satellite record, falling 3.69 standard deviations below the 1981 to 2010 mean. Ice extent is far below average in all of sectors of the Eurasian side of the Arctic Ocean and in Baffin Bay."

• Sad 4

22 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Finger Lakes Fryer in effect. South wind kicks in and it's nearly 50 degrees here in Syracuse. So ridiculous. Commonly the warmest spot in the state...even above Long Island. Oh well...wife likes the warmer climate, even though she thinks it is still cold.

Wow that’s crazy. Just plain rain here since afternoon but only 35 degrees. Still a couple patches of snow here and there. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Wow that’s crazy. Just plain rain here since afternoon but only 35 degrees. Still a couple patches of snow here and there. 

Yup! Unfortunately for me, my job's location in Baldwinsville is at minimum 40 minutes from a good snow retention area outside of Upstate tropics. Not willing to do a long commute, so remain, I shall...and live vicariously through webcams and snow on car rooftops...lol

• Haha 1