Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

22 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Then you have the rgem lol

sn10_acc.us_ne (61).png

I think BUF may be good for 1-2 inches before the flip to rain, IAG may be able to squeeze out 3-4 inches before the warm air makes it that far north. One of those rare storms you’d rather be in Youngstown/Lewiston than anywhere else in WNY haha. 

• Like 2

This November has had some pretty big swings. Snow and 32 degrees one day, 65 degrees 36 hours later, and then more snow possible 36 hours after that. For sure, it has been biased much warmer, but we get those very brief little shots of cold and snow. I guess that's better than having a complete shutout for weeks and weeks.

image.thumb.png.17ba59b2d8d7b0f10107a05c0dab5acc.pngHere’s the deal. This would be a once in a lifetime storm. You NEVER see them and yet they pop up on the GFS 300+ ALL the freaking time. Computer forecasting is going to benefit tremendously from AI. Hopefully it will squash these ridiculous LR solutions. 
It just drives me nuts. They just suck right now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

That was a great storm.  The intensity and timing really caught the metro off guard.  We just got home from school in West Seneca before the band moved over us.  

WKBW broadcast from the next morning...

Also some nice raw footage from the post storm...  Incorrect factual tidbits, but great footage.  Amazing to see that “ice pack” on the roads.  The heavy volume of traffic compacted 2’ of snow down to the density of an ice rink in the streets...

These large Lake effect snow events just have so many memories attached to them.

1995- Jumping off 2nd floor into giant pile of snow when I lived in the west side.

2000- Getting stuck at school overnight

2001- Building the biggest snow forts ever with my cousins/friends in neighborhood

2006- Went for walk with my family through neighborhood with power flashes and trees crashing all around us.

2010- My first apartment on my own, will never forget how much lightning was in that band

2014- Best storm I'll ever see. Slept about 4 hours in 5 days documenting it all on video. Walking around in the heart of that band was something I'll never forget. Got a week off of work paid as well. 

This is what its all about. I'm ready for the next one. :weenie:

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1