• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

40 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Here is Monday Morning in Rochester.  Surface temps below freezing.  850's are about -12c  Lower atmosphere is fairly saturated.  Winds aren't conducive for ROC to get lake effect, but thats a snowy temp profile no matter how you slice it.  Stay positive man.  We are 8 hours into the winter season and you are already a bastion of negativity.  Good Grief.

Capture.JPG.b028f399597e1dcc4c1a4864c42963fe.JPG

That’s why I’m questioning KBUFS write up that specifies the tug in a NW wind!!! Eastern Niagara, Orleans, Monroe and even NE Erie will see lake streamers in that flow, happens every year and every year it takes them a few events to remember...oh and fwiw it’s been snowing/graupel here in Williamsville for the past 30 mins or so...first truly wintery feeling day this very young season

Tug can make out with various wind directions..

Northwest winds were strong through most of the event, 
producing significant blowing and drifting snow and very difficult 
travel.
Very persistent 
upslope flow into the higher terrain of the Tug Hill Plateau played 
a critical role in producing the highest totals from this event, 
with a few locations seeing 3 to 4+ feet of snow over a 3 day 
period.  

That’s why I’m questioning KBUFS write up that specifies the tug in a NW wind!!! Eastern Niagara, Orleans, Monroe and even NE Erie will see lake streamers in that flow, happens every year and every year it takes them a few events to remember...oh and fwiw it’s been snowing/graupel here in Williamsville for the past 30 mins or so...first truly wintery feeling day this very young season
They always default to the Tug Hill in almost ever event so its no surprise they would do it with this one. The Tug is usually a lock for every event because it can snow with almost every wind direction except of course with a NEasterly and a Southerly wind but a SW- West- NW - or North are all a go for them sonits pretty safe for them yo always mention the TUG

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nothing to question..That's what the guidance is showing and that's what they go by lol I can show you many"hybrid" NW west event that JP the tug, actually most of them do..
1475904355_sn10_acc.us_ne(20).thumb.png.6ef4fc9489aabef7054068cee81c050f.png
1014858089_sn10_acc.us_ne(21).thumb.png.7db3f47706abc049789e590d86e229eb.png
Yeah too bad those maps are favoring the hills of Madison and Onondaga counties which is quite normal this time of yr. I'm still going with a slushy 1" at best in most locals without any elevation but I hope I'm dead wrong

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, brentrich said:

High of 38 today and another high 30's this Monday. Looks like we will have below average in November. 

So you're basing the entire month off of one day?  Today isnt yet November.  And Wednesday through Friday of next week are already forecasted to be above normal..  I can't quite figure out what your schtick is, but it's annoying.  Is he a troll?  Or just uninformed....inquiring minds want to know...

Capture.JPG.f9b88753d7a919612fd73e103a182b68.JPG

Capture1.JPG.127c00589ae5fa7727ec9636567feffa.JPG

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

So you're basing the entire month off of one day?  Today isnt yet November.  And Wednesday through Friday of next week are already forecasted to be above normal..  I can't quite figure out what your schtick is, but it's annoying.  Is he a troll?  Or just uninformed....inquiring minds want to know...

Capture.JPG.f9b88753d7a919612fd73e103a182b68.JPG

Capture1.JPG.127c00589ae5fa7727ec9636567feffa.JPG

It’s after that towards the middle of November and especially the end of the month it shifts East and we’re cold. Showing up in many of the LR ensemble 

12 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

It’s after that towards the middle of November and especially the end of the month it shifts East and we’re cold. Showing up in many of the LR ensemble 

Sure, but his premise was "the highs on Monday on are going to be in the upper 30's, guess November will be below normal"   Ugh....

36 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Sure, but his premise was "the highs on Monday on are going to be in the upper 30's, guess November will be below normal"   Ugh....

If he's a troll, he "won" because you're showing your irritation with him. I know...sometimes it's very hard to ignore.

I took it as maybe an attempt at humor of "one day in November below normal"  and the "month" will temporarily be "below normal" up to that first or second day...

On 10/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, Polarbear said:

Off topic.... what cameras are these?? Recently had my dog stolen (we did get him back btw) I bought a pack of Arlo pro 3 on prime day after some family recommendations but jury is still out 

Blink. I’ve been happy with it. Mainly got it to see the snow at home while I’m working but has been handy to see deliveries etc. Can’t believe someone stole your dog, but glad you got it back!

15.3° this morning, lowest yet by about 10°. 

1 minute ago, Flying MXZ said:

Blink. I’ve been happy with it. Mainly got it to see the snow at home while I’m working but has been handy to see deliveries etc. Can’t believe someone stole your dog, but glad you got it back!

I've been trying to find a product that doesn't involve a monthly/yearly subscription but it seems they all do? Blink, Ring, Nest, etc..

9 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I've been trying to find a product that doesn't involve a monthly/yearly subscription but it seems they all do? Blink, Ring, Nest, etc..

The way I understand it is you can have a subscription and save in the cloud or you can use a usb/flash drive and store it yourself. After the 3 free months that’s what I’m planning to do. By using the “local” storage, if I remember right you lose the instant access to videos...

15 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

Thanks! It is a sucky move but to top it off we (well at least me) am 100% confident it was my one and only immediate neighbor. Even more odd is we were always on good terms the entire 10yrs I’ve been here...

Buy he’s the only one that would’ve reasonably known we weren’t home despite cars being in the driveway. Then he told me he wasn’t home but in Rochester and he left at 7 but were home at 630 and he and my dog were already gone. I saw my dog hair on him and in his car (he has no dogs)and rochester was where my dog was found. 34 miles away.... didn’t mean to go on but I’m still peeved about it all...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Polarbear said:

Thanks! It is a sucky move but to top it off we (well at least me) am 100% confident it was my one and only immediate neighbor. Even more odd is we were always on good terms the entire 10yrs I’ve been here...

Buy he’s the only one that would’ve reasonably known we weren’t home despite cars being in the driveway. Then he told me he wasn’t home but in Rochester and he left at 7 but were home at 630 and he and my dog were already gone. I saw my dog hair on him and in his car (he has no dogs)and rochester was where my dog was found. 34 miles away.... didn’t mean to go on but I’m still peeved about it all...

That's insane. If someone did that to my dog I would be doing much more then installing cams. My dog is my life lol. 

• Like 1