• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

11 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I don't actually, just a solar cover. But when its 70s and sunny I enjoy floating around in the water. I also jump in and out after my long runs as I'm overheated. I used to go swimming in lake huron every summer with water temps in the high 50s/low 60s. I'm definitely warm blooded. ^_^

I'd call that cold blooded. 80+ for me...lol

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Quite the difference between GFS and Euro. GFS would be cold enough for snow. 

gfs-ens_T850a_us_34.png

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_9.png

I’m trusting the Euro on this one. While it will get colder, the GFS is overdoing things. Could it get cold enough for some wet flakes at night in the highest hills? Sure it could. I just don’t see a cold outbreak like it’s suggesting...yet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m trusting the Euro on this one. While it will get colder, the GFS is overdoing things. Could it get cold enough for some wet flakes at night in the highest hills? Sure it could. I just don’t see a cold outbreak like it’s suggesting...yet

Well, one thing is for certain, a significant cold push is coming next weekend. Likely the coldest of the new season.

• Like 3

Next 7 look like top notch fall days.

Today
Sunny, with a high near 67. 
Saturday
Increasing clouds, with a high near 71. 
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 62. 
Columbus Day
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. 
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 64.
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 66. 
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Next 7 look like top notch fall days.

Today
Sunny, with a high near 67. 
Saturday
Increasing clouds, with a high near 71. 
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 62. 
Columbus Day
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. 
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 64.
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 66. 

Whatever is green on the trees will finish turning after the next 7 days as it will then be colder for the foreseeable future it appears. And I’m not suggesting winter like temps but 60’s will be replaced with 50’s as we head into the end of the month.

First flakes next week.

A long wave trough will dig into the Lower Mississippi Valley into the
weekend and much colder air will filter across the Great Lakes
region. Lake induced rain showers are possible through the weekend
with daytime temperatures falling back into the 50s. Chilly
overnight lows may result in some rain showers transitioning to a
few flakes at higher elevations Saturday night.

image.thumb.png.4ef6cbec3484f8dfd6d4b2520a298d17.png

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Well most cold occurs early on in La Ninas. Nov/Dec are known for being cold in La Ninas with Jan-March being above average.

I agree. Although some Nov's can be hit or miss, i.e. Nov 2016 or 2010. Same thing with March. Some exceptionally cold Marches have occurred in La Nina's. Jan/Feb can be our best month if the gradient pattern that is so common in Nina's sets up over our area. 

• Like 2

Yet another day where Syracuse is waaaaay warmer than many places waaaaaaay south of here...over 10 degrees warmer here than D.C. It's unreal how often this city overachieves in warm pushes and gets warmer than most places hundreds of miles south. Being a cold weather fanatic, it drives me nuts. The explanation I have for it is downsloping off the hills directly south of here. This city may get a decent amount of snow, but I would not call it a "cold-weather" city. Mild, mild, mild.

Not much to"cool" down ksyr..To far from Ontario and the ocean, no elevation and urban heat to contend with..(Downtown Syracuse)

When it comes to today, the remnants of delta is keeping the south cooler..

For example DC is forecast low-mid 70s all week while CNY will be in the 50s and 60s..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yet another day where Syracuse is waaaaay warmer than many places waaaaaaay south of here...over 10 degrees warmer here than D.C. It's unreal how often this city overachieves in warm pushes and gets warmer than most places hundreds of miles south. Being a cold weather fanatic, it drives me nuts. The explanation I have for it is downsloping off the hills directly south of here. This city may get a decent amount of snow, but I would not call it a "cold-weather" city. Mild, mild, mild.

I'll take it.  These warmups feel good for those of us still mourning the demise of summer. ;)

Remember last winter, below avg snow here but still near 100"...south and east of BGM winter was a total fail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

If you're a cold weather fanatic you need to move to somewhere else or somewhere with high elevation. Alaska, Maine, Canada all give you what you're searching for.

• Like 1