• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

36 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

As of 7am West Seneca 2.15" KBUF 1.65"...ive picked 1.9 since 7am! These #rs are going to be huge by the end of Friday.

Not disagreeing there won't be some big numbers by Friday, but KBUF is only showing 1.17 as of 12 noon.  Where are you pulling those numbers from?  

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Not disagreeing there won't be some big numbers by Friday, but KBUF is only showing 1.17 as of 12 noon.  Where are you pulling those numbers from?  

Straight from WIVB at noon from meteorologist Mike Cejka...the numbers he mentioned were up to 7am..what you're posting is since 7am...thats there 24 hour cutoff

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

Straight from WIVB at noon from meteorologist Mike Cejka...the numbers he mentioned were up to 7am..what you're posting is since 7am...thats there 24 hour cutoff

No, I'm looking at the 6 hour increments from the ASOS.  As of 7am there were at .8"   

No need to split hairs, they are getting pounded now.  Just curious where the discrepancy could be coming from.

Capture.thumb.JPG.95487e1c3953e3010cd180e8d734294a.JPG

26 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

No, I'm looking at the 6 hour increments from the ASOS.  As of 7am there were at .8"   

No need to split hairs, they are getting pounded now.  Just curious where the discrepancy could be coming from.

Capture.thumb.JPG.95487e1c3953e3010cd180e8d734294a.JPG

Great question! I know in my backyard rain guage I'm up to 2.14" since it began. The band has shifted north into southern Ontario and southern Niagara so I'm in the lull now. 

21 hours ago, winter_rules said:

The forecast changes over the last few days have been a good winter preseason reminder for all of us that:

a)  The models will constantly show cold air *just* around the corner, and;

b)  The models will show multiple large lake effect events which will dwindle to a minor event, probably in a different location, once the event actually takes place. 

I’m not trying to be negative, but the 7-10 day forecast often looks cold and/or snowy, only for it to fade as we get closer to those actual dates.  Then the process starts over again....

Good point and thanks for the reminder.

Looks like it's been an interesting day for the Buffalo/Western NY folks!

The CoCoRaHS spotter in West Seneca is closing in on 4.0” since midnight last night.  Looks like the sweet spot ended up being South Buffalo, Lackawanna, West Seneca with that little sneaky area of lake enhancement we had overnight.  Guess that 6” output might not be to far fetched if we get another round or two tomorrow.  

16 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

The CoCoRaHS spotter in West Seneca is closing in on 4.0” since midnight last night.  Looks like the sweet spot ended up being South Buffalo, Lackawanna, West Seneca with that little sneaky area of lake enhancement we had overnight.  Guess that 6” output might not be to far fetched if we get another round or two tomorrow.  

I’ll be the first to admit this rain has been more robust than I expected and the best instabilities are still yet to come!  Let’s break some records Kbuf

35 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I’ll be the first to admit this rain has been more robust than I expected and the best instabilities are still yet to come!  Let’s break some records Kbuf

Today was one of the warmer lake effect rain events I can remember. It was in the low 60’s here this afternoon with heavy lake effect rain. 40-50 degrees is probably a more typical temp range. Goes to show how warm the lake still is I guess. 

• Like 1