Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Cold Season Thread 2020-2021

wxeyeNH

9 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

It's been hammering for an hour or 2 on the Pittsburg webcams. Looks like atleast a couple inch depth increase already 

Yeah there’s a really nice looking line across the whole international border.  Jay Peak looks to have been getting smoked too and it goes all the way back into NY.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I love the scenes around your place... landscaping and lighting always seem perfect for that winter vibe.  Great squall there.

Thanks! I actually spend most of the summer figure out how to landscape so that it looks cool in the winter. It helps that the spruces here look very good in the snow. 

a really nice prolonged squall. Looks like a couple of inches already but I haven’t measured 

Just now, alex said:

Thanks! I actually spend most of the summer figure out how to landscape so that it looks cool in the winter. It helps that the spruces here look very good in the snow. 

Always go with spruces.  Smaller evergreens always look best in the snow, IMO.

Great training squall there (I think you are east of the 302 marker where the county line bends back south?).

March_12_alex.gif.b47fb180196284f46caa81e7c9f0c01a.gif

Was outside measuring when the next squall arrived. It was just like a summer storm. Went from nothing to a few large flakes to a sudden wall of snow. At one point I could literally see heavy snow on one side of my deck and just a few flakes on the other. 1.7” on the first round si about 5-6”/hr?

wet pasty snow, temp 31F

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PhineasC said:

This stretch of soon to be two months without a snowfall over 2” has been kinda annoying considering how epic Feb was elsewhere. 

Whoa, whoa… whoa… pump the brakes there Mr. slantstreaker.  Your neighbor reported back-to-back 6”+ snowfall days on 2/2 and 2/3, so “soon to be two months” is a bit of a stretch.  Also, he just reported 2.2” in this morning’s CoCoRaHS submission, so unless it really fell off over toward your place, you’re going to have to stop bragging about your fancy schmancy snowfall streak to all the SNE guys.

PumpTheBrakes.jpg

• Haha 2