Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Cold Season Thread 2020-2021

wxeyeNH

2 minutes ago, alex said:

Yes I had it built. We love it but honestly, when it's all said and done it costed a lot more to build than I expected - ended up right around a million. But we did finish the basement as well, which wasn't in the original plan, and did a lot of stonework inside which wasn't cheap. 

Log homes are very expensive now. We got ours for a steal. Appraiser said 1-1.3M to build just the house now, before the decks and barn. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

Log homes are very expensive now. We got ours for a steal. Appraiser said 1-1.3M to build just the house now, before the decks and barn. 

And there's always a premium to pay to have something built. It's all good! The nice thing is that you get to make the decisions. Also it didn't help that I wanted thick Western style logs, we had to get those from Idaho

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alex said:

Yes I had it built. We love it but honestly, when it's all said and done it costed a lot more to build than I expected - ended up right around a million. But we did finish the basement as well, which wasn't in the original plan, and did a lot of stonework inside which wasn't cheap. 

Beautiful home man, beautiful spot, God bless.

Happy Turkey Day everyone. The deluge for early next week has backed off a little on the models. I am not seeing the crazy firehose totals anymore at least. Looks promising after that for a return to upslope snows and occasional impulses swinging through NNE. Also a possible coastal being hinted at for late next week. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Still had 2” in the yard this morning.

Guess we can count it as a white Thanksgiving.

Yeah, definitely another white Thanksgiving for the books.  Looking at the numbers, this one sets the occurrence at 10 out of 15 seasons, so the current average is 2/3 of the time (66.7%).  In terms of percentage, it’s not much of shift from where it was (64.3%), so somewhere in the 60-70% range is probably a decent estimate.

I'd rather be tracking a snowstorm, but Monday night could be exciting from a wind perspective. Euro is showing some impressive gusts, especially to the lee of the Green and White Mountains. It could be absolutely raging in the notches for a few hours.

Tougher call in my area, as we will once again be dealing with in situ CAD...but being 1000' off the valley floor could help my immediate location.

A friend and fellow poster here @j24vt caught some shots of a snowy owl near the MVL airport yesterday.

Today he just send me a cell shot of it back there sitting on the ASOS.  He’s going back with the big lens, maybe he’ll share more later.

Pretty cool to have a snowy owl chilling on the ASOS.  What’s more NNE than that? Ha.

D2984DF2-386C-42CA-9719-65A70ADA5E4E.thumb.jpeg.182148c2f9b39ac69c379399aea8ee21.jpeg

• Like 3