Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020 Fall Foliage Thread

wxmanmitch

16 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Wtf??? You need to stop in and say hi!

It was just a quick day - I arrived at 6:00 and left at 8:00.  Got things to do at home!  This early color change does not coincide with the days I took off from work.  I'll prob be up again on Friday trying to capture the train on its run through the notch

1 hour ago, #NoPoles said:

here in Bretton Woods we are now slightly past peak. All thos folks coming to leaf peep for Columbus Day are going to be Stick Peepers

Diane,  it was nice to meet you today.  Beautiful car ride from my area in Plymouth through Franconia Notch to the Mt Washington Valley.  It was heavily overcast through Franconia Notch but with a downsloping south wind it was much brighter in your area with mostly just a high overcast.   I agree with you that you are slightly past peak.  The area from just north of Plymouth through Lincoln and into the notch was at a brilliant peak.  Probably the best foliage I have ever seen.  The lack of rainfall, wind and the drought seems to have made this an exceptional peak in NNE.  Wind and rain will bring down a lot of leaves this week.  Everything seems to be running a couple of weeks early.

My drone flight around Bretton Woods today.  Wish we had had bright sunshine

• Like 2