• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PrinsWX
    Newest Member
    PrinsWX

Hurricane Teddy

Here’s a shot of the beach washovers well out in   Advance of the main swell from teddy from yesterday. Today’s higher tides on Long Island in concert with significantly larger swells should lead to even more significant damage

325ADB9F-9751-4851-92C3-6268620203FE.jpeg

So far, there's no overwash that I saw down on Bald Head, but waves kicked up are smashing on the shoals pretty spectacularly.

14 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Here’s a shot of the beach washovers well out in   Advance of the main swell from teddy from yesterday. Today’s higher tides on Long Island in concert with significantly larger swells should lead to even more significant damage

325ADB9F-9751-4851-92C3-6268620203FE.jpeg

Will the swells still be as significant tomorrow? Went to Robert Moses Beach today after work and the water line seemed to have gone up to the dunes, although I went there at low tide so it backed off quite a bit. I may try again during high tide tomorrow since im off, if it's still significant

Dunno about Eric, but Phil is certainly swooning right now...

At any rate, Eric is one of the best. And we all have our opinions... including the best. It would be a chore to exclude him.

33 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

Dunno about Eric, but Phil is certainly swooning right now...

At any rate, Eric is one of the best. And we all have our opinions... including the best. It would be a chore to exclude him. emoji6.png

phil has got great graphics for this, i will concede that.  

This thing looks distinctly post-tropical already. 

I was just going to post to that effect. That’s pretty much a large North Atlantic ET cyclone. Either way all preps are done here. Will see what it brings shortly.

#NovaScotiaStrong

1 minute ago, Hazey said:

I was just going to post to that effect. That’s pretty much a large North Atlantic ET cyclone. Either way all preps are done here. Will see what it brings shortly.

#NovaScotiaStrong

I think outside of Guysborough/Richmond and perhaps the Fundy Coast it will be just a rain maker. 

Center of Teddy still appears to be moving NW. Should do the stall and turn to the NNE soon. Cape Breton will probably feel the worst of whatever winds occur.

#NovaScotiaStrong

Hollee carp, Hurricane Teddy is progged to still be a TS as it closes the SW Greenland coast at 0200h Friday. If something like Teddy ever strikes highly populated areas...yeow. Teddy's ACE number should be interesting.

I saved a Geos16 image a day or two ago [mostly for little Beta] that showed the immense size of Teddy, with it's periphery stretching from the Maritimes to the Bahamas :

115708_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

20202651106_GOES16-ABI-CONUS-GEOCOLOR-5000x3000 resiz30pct.jpg

The strongest winds should be in the SE quad for ET transition, so we'll see what that pass looks like. The pressure fell a great deal last night due to the interaction, 945mb on the extrap. 

Been blustery here with bouts of mod to hvy rain. About an 1” so far. In a bit of a lull for the last hour but now hearing thunder and wind is picking up. Also appears the centre might be a bit more west than models have it. Might track closer to Halifax. We’ll see

#NovaScotiaStrong

• Like 2

I'm fascinated that Teddy tracked all the way across the Atlantic, attained Category 4 (115 kt, 130 mph) status, and transitioned to extratropical near Nova Scotia, and did this:  45 kt gusting to 58 kt in eastern Nova Scotia.  Some buoys had up to 42 ft waves!!

oZjeoau.jpg

• Like 3