JTA66

16 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Getting the whiskey bottle out for Cecily's forecast:

Just a guess,

Snow:

Philly 10"or less

Immediate Burbs (myself) 10" - 15"

Further Burbs (upper Bucks/Mont Counties N/W) 15"+

Temps above average overall with our standard Jan blow torch....

Let's see...

Cecily and Adam:

Philly 9-12"

Lehigh 15-18"

Above average temps

Short cold snaps and we'll have to nickel dime things.

Lol... I think I did pretty well.  Seriously not horrible.  Last year was a  wreck...anything would be  better!

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Cecily and Adam:

Philly 9-12"

Lehigh 15-18"

Above average temps

Short cold snaps and we'll have to nickel dime things.

Lol... I think I did pretty well.  Seriously not horrible.  Last year was a  wreck...anything would be  better!

It's like copy paste now with winter 2021, the Schwartz will be the same

• Weenie 1

greenskeeper,  you're slipping man. Red Sky and myself have had post viewable for 9 - 12 hrs+  and no weenie tags....WTF???  You better shape up or pay will be docked. Perhaps you should set your alarm for every 2 hrs,  login, check and weenie as needed. This tardiness will not be  tolerated...

35F 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

10 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

greenskeeper,  you're slipping man. Red Sky and myself have had post viewable for 9 - 12 hrs+  and no weenie tags....WTF???  You better shape up or pay will be docked. Perhaps you should set your alarm for every 2 hrs,  login, check and weenie as needed. This tardiness will not be  tolerated...

35F 

Ha guess who's not getting universal consciousness after his death

• Weenie 1

On 11/19/2020 at 11:49 AM, RedSky said:

19F low. Ticks and stink bugs all dead a day of celebration.

The cold hasn't affected the yellow jackets, just stumbled across a nest while raking in the back. Went running around to the front screaming like a little girl! (Apologies to brave, little girls everywhere.)

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

The cold hasn't affected the yellow jackets, just stumbled across a nest while raking in the back. Went running around to the front screaming like a little girl! (Apologies to brave, little girls everywhere.)

Two yellow jackets buzzing me today one was drinking from a water bowl. Yeah the smart ones that had deep bunker nests have come back out to claim the world.

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Did you get stung? They last for about 6 hours (the pain part). I did that a few years ago, pushing a walk behind dethatcher over a nest. I ran across the front yard at a high rate of speed for 150 feet or so, but they did get me initially in 3 or 4 spots. They're actually pretty tolerant until you mess with their abode, and usually you don't realize you are until it's too late. Then they're like "okay, volunteers to get this guy outta here".

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Did you get stung? They last for about 6 hours (the pain part). I did that a few years ago, pushing a walk behind dethatcher over a nest. I ran across the front yard at a high rate of speed for 150 feet or so, but they did get me initially in 3 or 4 spots. They're actually pretty tolerant until you mess with their abode, and usually you don't realize you are until it's too late. Then they're like "okay, volunteers to get this guy outta here".

Fortunately no, I was wearing sweats & long sleeves. A couple of years ago I was trimming a hedge in shorts and a t-shirt when I hit a nest. They were on me so fast I probably got stung two or three times before I realized what was happening.

Day 10 Euro looks.... Interesting lol. Coastal storm tries to scrape us and another ULL is primed to eject out of the SW with Canada and the higher latitudes all blocked up. First week of December will be a week to watch for *maybe* our first legit storm threat. Fingers crossed the look holds.

500h_anom.na.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

FOX29 (Kathy Orr) winter forecast tonight, wonder if she/they follow Cecily (6abc) and Co.....

38F

Well, that was a little odd. FOX29 breakdown:

-30% chance white Xmas

-14 days w/snow on the ground

-Mild winter, Jan the coldest

-5 storms

-1 storm 6"+

18" total 

• Weenie 1

Hey guys I have now revised and updated my website at http://www.chescowx.com It now has near live webcam updates, updated historical links, new analytics and for those who kept asking it is now mobile friendly!! I will be continuing to update the site with updated rankings and analytical data of some of my older analysis and also some new and hopefully insightful metrics regarding the inland climate of the philly burbs for the last 127 years for the period 1894 to Present.

Please visit and let me know if any suggestions or adds etc.

Thanks!
Paul

http://www.chescowx.com