• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2020 OBS Thread

JTA66

Some cool clouds out there this evening.  Theres a wall cloud looking formation to my south that is running ENE to WSW nearly parallel with the setting sun.  Not sure whats causing it as it is clear to my north but cool to see! Is it just a moisture band from NW flow not making it to the ground or radar? 

muemnR7.jpg

AizHxNf.jpg

bGVSUmY.jpg

0kyhaqG.jpg

29 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

The only positive thing I can say about this upcoming winter is my expectations are set so low that even a few hours of virga transitioning into a driving rain storm will feel like a victory.

There is always that one big storm 2016, 1993 and 1983 possibility making it a salvage job. 

• Weenie 1

Another record high today in NW Chester County PA today while we have eclipsed the old relative elevation record (71.0 in 1994)..... we will not like yesterday - when we set an all-time record high of 76.2 be exceeding the current all-time record which is 78 set today back in 1975

ENattic.20201109_131024879.jpg

another 0.03" of rain today with storm total up to 1.19" temp has also continued to fall steadily now down to 49.7

YTD up to 47.02" or +4.36" above normal thru yesterday

Wxsim has our 1st couple of days with temps remaining in the 30's next Wed and Thursday with our brief chill shot

Reading around the winter forecasts released so far, it seems like the general agreement is our best shot to score is going to come in the first half of winter. Almost everyone is in agreement that Feb will be a blowtorch which is usually our biggest snow month based on climo so that alone means we're likely heading for below normal. Honestly if we finish between 10-20" on the year with most of that coming in the Dec-Jan timeframe, I'd call this year a win. Expectations are set super low this year. After last years blanking, any snow will be a win. The thought of back to back winters with single digit snow totals is depressing...

• Weenie 1