• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2020 OBS Thread

JTA66

2nd consecutive record low maximum temperature here in Western Chester County PA. Today's high of only 61.2 eclipses the old mark of 63.0 set 29 years ago back in 1991. Down on the barrier islands on the Jersey Shore in Sea Isle City the high was only 63.3. Overall these readings are in line with normal late October readings than mid-September

Backyard.20200921_184940245.jpg

SICHi.20200921_184934243.jpg

Ray up in the NE forum posted his preliminary preliminary winter thoughts yesterday and from what I took from it, it's looking pretty no bueno for winter again this year in these parts. He does say things can certainly change in October, but early signals are pointing to a dud again down here. Not sure how we can manage worse than last year though(1.5")....Hoping my 20 mile move to the north will help me a bit in borderline events.

• Weenie 1

Today was only our 2nd above normal day here in Western Chester County PA (76.4/51.7) over the last 12 days. I have been telling my local Chester County farmer followers for the last week to expect another well below normal stretch to follow the very brief warm up this weekend as we move into October.....still thinking any freeze concerns and basic end to the growing season over most of Western Chesco which is over 600 ft will wait...till likely the middle of the month. This would still be a bit earlier than our normal 1st freeze for the Western spots in the county which is October 23rd (October 14th for Chesco below 600ft ASL)