Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The great Canderson windstorm of 2020 has arrived here in the historic district. The whole house is shaking. Some of these gusts are crazy!

Yes indeed!

I had a company come to my house today to clean our gutters. Their ladder fell and made a crazy loud sound. I thought for sure that I would be calling 9-1-1, but it was just the ladder that fell and not the guy. It did strand 2 guys on my roof, but I was able to hoist the ladder back up for them to get down!

That wind meant business!

30 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes indeed!

I had a company come to my house today to clean our gutters. Their ladder fell and made a crazy loud sound. I thought for sure that I would be calling 9-1-1, but it was just the ladder that fell and not the guy. It did strand 2 guys on my roof, but I was able to hoist the ladder back up for them to get down!

That wind meant business!

Who’d you use? I need my cleaned too! 

4 hours ago, paweather said:

Welp 384 12z GFS setup looks good. :lol: But looks like a cutter:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_64.png

No, that fantasy storm looks like a widespread front end CTP 3 to 6 inch special ending as a mix. The 1036 High over PA just needs to hold in place a little longer to deliver 6 + of snow to all of us! Let’s lock it in!

Ok, back to reality...It’s great to see Op runs taking us into early December!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

No, that fantasy storm looks like a widespread front end CTP 3 to 6 inch special ending as a mix. The 1036 High over PA just needs to hold in place a little longer to deliver 6 + of snow to all of us! Let’s lock it in!

Ok, back to reality...It’s great to see Op runs taking us into early December!

Love it!

As we head towards the end of the month, the PNA looks to go positive, which would put the trough in the east. The pattern looks to get active which could present us with winter storm opportunities.

The 6z GFS showed one of those opportunities during the first week of December. Let’s just try to move this storm 50 to 75 miles to the east to get all of us in the jackpot zone!

4E98E565-9B25-4B50-AF27-C5B1A325322A.png

822C9D7B-7C79-42F4-BDEB-43BAEA8B99B2.png

25480F37-6C80-4156-A3E7-E15BD4268CF0.png

4 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

As we head towards the end of the month, the PNA looks to go positive, which would put the trough in the east. The pattern looks to get active which could present us with winter storm opportunities.

The 6z GFS showed one of those opportunities during the first week of December. Let’s just try to move this storm 50 to 75 miles to the east to get all of us in the jackpot zone!

Ahh what a sign of relief!  Blizz first snow maps. Thanks my man, let’s hope for many more of these as met winter begins

4 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

A foot for me?  I'll take it.   :snowing:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

You all should hope my surgeon clears me to go back to work when I see him again on 12/3. With my luck the way it is, almost every time I start a new job during the winter months, we get a snowstorm on my first day in the truck....

F winter, you’ve been out of work for 7-8 months so I hope you get cleared regardless of what snow we (won’t) get. 

Gut tells me it’ll be a pretty boring winter. 

10 hours ago, canderson said:

F winter, you’ve been out of work for 7-8 months so I hope you get cleared regardless of what snow we (won’t) get. 

Gut tells me it’ll be a pretty boring winter. 

That seems to be the consensus right now...

However, if we can find a way to fail in a good pattern, there's no reason to think that we can't score in a bad one. 95-96 wasn't a good pattern until I scored 42" in 5 days.  :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That seems to be the consensus right now...

However, if we can find a way to fail in a good pattern, there's no reason to think that we can't score in a bad one. 95-96 wasn't a good pattern until I scored 42" in 5 days.  :)

That week in 96 and that winter were epic for so many reasons.