Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Wow...this wind is incredible.  When the squall line came through I had several gusts to 52 mph!  Then a lull of sorts, then a rapid ramp back up with frequent gusts to 45mph and 1 minute averages of 33 mph which is the highest sustained winds I have seen here in a year.

Tremendous overperformer here. Rain gauge is at .66" in 8 minutes. Peak gust is 54 so far...

45 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Tapering off now, .80" in less than 15 minutes. I'm glad I followed this since yesterday. Nice to get a big reward for the time invested. 

Edit: 2 big flashes of lightning as well!

This was an over performing event.

Hopefully we get a few over performers during the winter this season!

21 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Wow, that’s crazy!

Usually @canderson gets the worst of the wind among our posters!

The wind hasn’t been overly constant or anything, but the gusts are hitting the mark tonight apparently. It figures, the Steelers are finally delivering a stress free game tonight and my cable/internet gets taken out lol. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

The wind hasn’t been overly constant or anything, but the gusts are hitting the mark tonight apparently. It figures, the Steelers are finally delivering a stress free game tonight and my cable/internet gets taken out lol. 

Steelers with a statement win tonight. My son and I have made a weekend trip every season since 2010. This was our weekend...until Covid. Would have been a great combo of the game and the weather!

• Like 3

I

12 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Steelers with a statement win tonight. My son and I have made a weekend trip every season since 2010. This was our weekend...until Covid. Would have been a great combo of the game and the weather!

My daughter and i were going to go to this game too. 

weren't you and i at the same game one year, but didn't know it until after the fact?

59 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I

My daughter and i were going to go to this game too. 

weren't you and i at the same game one year, but didn't know it until after the fact?

I think you're right! I don't remember which game but it was a few/several years ago.

I was at the Dolphins game in 2013 when it snowed during pregame and the 1st quarter - the Eagles were hosting the Lions that day in Philly and received over 6" of snow...we only had about and inch or two in Pittsburgh, but that was my top Steelers "weather game." We were at the Washington Football Team game in 2012 on the day before Sandy hit which was memorable as well.

I can honestly say that last night was the weather event of the year at my home. .80" of rain in about 20 minutes combined with 50+ mph winds. It was crazy for about 10-15 minutes. 

• Like 1

Just had a pretty feisty snow shower whiten the ground a tad. Pretty much all rimed snow pellets as the b-layer temps are a tad warm here off the mountain.

I was gonna put up a pic but phone’s giving me a hard time for some reason. I might have to wait til tomorrow for someone to get here to fix my cable so I can have TV and regular internet again. 

43 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Geez, a lot of medium to long term guidance suggests that the pattern is ripe going forward...

...for it to stay pretty quiet in here. 

Yeah GFS is really nothing but a cold shot after the Black Friday rain event if it holds. Pretty good cold shot but nothing more than that. Enjoy the weather it is the only weather we got. :wacko:

1 hour ago, paweather said:

Yeah GFS is really nothing but a cold shot after the Black Friday rain event if it holds. Pretty good cold shot but nothing more than that. Enjoy the weather it is the only weather we got. :wacko:

Well...

I was just coming here to post that I just enjoyed my first 30 seconds of wintry precipitation for the season! I was outside gathering the trash and recycle cans and experienced a graupel shower! Lasted a good half minute. :) I'm on the board for the winter. 

• Like 1