• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

I figure I would put the offer out there now that my mind is no longer in pain killer fog, yet I still have ample free time. Are there any historical weather analysis that anyone would like completed. As long as I can find a data set I should be able to handle some requests.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I figure I would put the offer out there now that my mind is no longer in pain killer fog, yet I still have ample free time. Are there any historical weather analysis that anyone would like completed. As long as I can find a data set I should be able to handle some requests.

Im good, but I bet you dreamt up a few good snowstorms while takin those disco cookies :lmao:

Glad your getting better

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

How about a breakdown by decades of how many snowfalls between 3-6" have occurred at MDT? It has been my thought that we had more of those in the 1970s then any decade since, but I'm curious what the actual numbers are. For my personal interest I'm most interested in the 1960s to the present. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

How bad a site (or Google doc) where we can enter a date and see temp/snow/rain/etc easily all in one spot? :)

3 hours ago, Superstorm said:

Wow, I guess areas that got out of fog a d drizzle really shot up.

I pulled my window AC's for the winter a couple weeks ago when we were getting morning frost on the daily. Kinda regretting that yesterday and today lol.

Also, how about the 12z GFS ftw with the wintry Halloween in the central counties? It even snows in Bradford with the Tuesday wave of precip. Probably pressing cold too much, but everything's been showing a major battleground temp-wise. The -NAO period we had didn't stick for long, and we're working a -PNA (ridge axis off the Pac coast).. thus the eastern ridging and not much press southeastward of what is some pretty wintry stuff in the north-central... soon to be diving even deeper in the central US. Models seem to differ a good bit in pattern progression later next week, so that will be something to watch. Winter's not too far off. 

2 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

I pulled my window AC's for the winter a couple weeks ago when we were getting morning frost on the daily. Kinda regretting that yesterday and today lol.

Also, how about the 12z GFS ftw with the wintry Halloween in the central counties? It even snows in Bradford with the Tuesday wave of precip. Probably pressing cold too much, but everything's been showing a major battleground temp-wise. The -NAO period we had didn't stick for long, and we're working a -PNA (ridge axis off the Pac coast).. thus the eastern ridging and not much press southeastward of what is some pretty wintry stuff in the north-central... soon to be diving even deeper in the central US. Models seem to differ a good bit in pattern progression later next week, so that will be something to watch. Winter's not too far off. 

Thanks Mag! This weather stinks right now, I know we trend cooler tonight and the weekend but I am so over having the AC turned back on. 

25 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

The real question is will the AC still be running? Lol 

Ha! I was going to include that in my little blurb but decided not to.

Anytime the temp gets above 67 in the house the AC runs. I have a lot of south facing windows so that happens on a lot of sunny days unless it's really cold out. I did have new windows installed this year that are much more energy efficient so I'm anxious to see how it goes.

Becoming more evident on the models that the bigger ticket storm system this coming week is starting to show in the Thur/Fri timeframe over seeing much precip early week with the weaker waves running the jet through PA. Also becoming evident is this system is presenting a Northeast snowfall potential. Both GFS and Euro showing a drawn out, possibly two part system with the front part of the overall system providing the much needed rainfall we all need and the second part associated with a robust closed 500mb low and increasingly available cold bringing more rainfall and a changeover to snow somewhere in the NE dependent on track. I posted the GFS having the snow into the higher areas of C-PA the other day and tonight the Euro has it while the GFS is on a more northern track attm that gives the interior Northeast from NY state north a pretty decent early season snow. Both indicate tropical shenanigans from the Gulf that may charge things up more.. hopefully in the rainfall department. 

I'd look for any snow threat to be of the elevational variety of course, with the Laurel's/N Central/Poconos the favorites if we get the track we need... but here we go. We're at a D4-6 event now, not out in fantasy land. 

Euro:

ecmwf-deterministic-east-instant_ptype-4070000.thumb.png.e5ef369f1c9ad1af05f846dfe149a263.pngecmwf-deterministic-pennsylvania-total_snow_10to1-4102400.thumb.png.76cc16adce714be83e0ab2fb4b5b6f64.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Becoming more evident on the models that the bigger ticket storm system this coming week is starting to show in the Thur/Fri timeframe over seeing much precip early week with the weaker waves running the jet through PA. Also becoming evident is this system is presenting a Northeast snowfall potential. Both GFS and Euro showing a drawn out, possibly two part system with the front part of the overall system providing the much needed rainfall we all need and the second part associated with a robust closed 500mb low and increasingly available cold bringing more rainfall and a changeover to snow somewhere in the NE dependent on track. I posted the GFS having the snow into the higher areas of C-PA the other day and tonight the Euro has it while the GFS is on a more northern track attm that gives the interior Northeast from NY state north a pretty decent early season snow. Both indicate tropical shenanigans from the Gulf that may charge things up more.. hopefully in the rainfall department. 

I'd look for any snow threat to be of the elevational variety of course, with the Laurel's/N Central/Poconos the favorites if we get the track we need... but here we go. We're at a D4-6 event now, not out in fantasy land. 

Euro:

ecmwf-deterministic-east-instant_ptype-4070000.thumb.png.e5ef369f1c9ad1af05f846dfe149a263.pngecmwf-deterministic-pennsylvania-total_snow_10to1-4102400.thumb.png.76cc16adce714be83e0ab2fb4b5b6f64.png

This system has my attention as well. It’s time for me to get into winter storm tracking shape!

We might need to do an early snow chase to the home of our poster near Clearfield.