• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

I've been absent here the last few months but life always has a funny way of bringing me back to the weather, hopefully next time it's a bit less painful. I managed to get hit by a car last Monday crossing the Carlisle pike by st John's rd. Luckily driver was only going 15mph, and I had time to make my upper thigh and butt the main impact area. Still ended up with three pelvic fractures a mild brain bleed and moderate concussion that kept me in holy spirit for 3 days. Hell I'm happy to just be alive. But no surgery Needed, and now I have 4 to 6 weeks of time off work (I bartend, although thinking I may go back to accounting due to the fact I have no clue how long it's going to take me to be able physically to stand for all those hours).

I learned the last 2 days that yes, the cold and rain do make things hurt worse. Here I thought it was just a wives take to explain getting old.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I've been absent here the last few months but life always has a funny way of bringing me back to the weather, hopefully next time it's a bit less painful. I managed to get hit by a car last Monday crossing the Carlisle pike by st John's rd. Luckily driver was only going 15mph, and I had time to make my upper thigh and butt the main impact area. Still ended up with three pelvic fractures a mild brain bleed and moderate concussion that kept me in holy spirit for 3 days. Hell I'm happy to just be alive. But no surgery Needed, and now I have 4 to 6 weeks of time off work (I bartend, although thinking I may go back to accounting due to the fact I have no clue how long it's going to take me to be able physically to stand for all those hours).

I learned the last 2 days that yes, the cold and rain do make things hurt worse. Here I thought it was just a wives take to explain getting old.

Good God...

Glad it wasn't worse, and I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

9 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

holy shit dude. Hope better days are ahead for you.

9 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Wishing you all the best in the recovery.  Yeah, glad it wasnt worse.  Now you'll have time to troll us snow seekers.

10 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Holy shit, man. Glad you weren't more seriously injured and wish you the best on a speedy recovery. I think I heard about the pedestrian being hit last Monday on the Pike. Drivers pay zero attention, it's scary!

15 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Wishing the best for you. 

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

Yesterday was a beauty, today appears the same. 

Not turning heat on until November sometime.

Sunday morning's gonna be pretttttty chilly in the house. We have the same goal, we'll see how it goes! 

Looks like most of us will see a little more rain tomorrow, which is nice. 

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sunday morning's gonna be pretttttty chilly in the house. We have the same goal, we'll see how it goes! 

I'll start a fire to take the chill off. 

Hell my daughter is still sleeping with her windows open. I think i have created a monster.:blink:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Yesterday was a beauty, today appears the same. 

Not turning heat on until November sometime.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I have faith in you guys. #saynotoheatuntilwinter  :) 

• Haha 1