Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Same here though I would call it more of a heavy drizzle.   Last night it rained fairly hard for a short time with no radar confirmation.  Sat shows clouds and fog back into Ohio and way to our south so does not look like it will clear out too fast.  HRRR has VERY scattered showers in the LSV into this afternoon. 

As Mag stated, with both local radars down we are going to have a hard time seeing anything on radar.    I’ve managed a whooping 0.02” from drizzle so far.  

7 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

As Mag stated, with both local radars down we are going to have a hard time seeing anything on radar.    I’ve managed a whooping 0.02” from drizzle so far.  

Its been raining on and off here for about 13 hours and we have still only dripped our way to .11".    But still a good bust for once. 

Yes...

Mount Holly works just fine for me during rain events, but I often seem to be just out of range during snowstorms. Lancaster proper seems to be the cutoff for effectiveness in the winter. 

In Lancaster proper we are used to not having good radar coverage so I often bounce around between KDOX, KLWX, KDIX and KCCX.

5 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This is miserable Weather that’s not even putting a dent into the historic Franklin County drought!

I guess I’ll need to stain my fence tomorrow.

Great forecast CTP! All week long, their forecast for today was partly cloudy with highs in the 70’s....Awesome.

Its sunny and hot over here now. 78 humid degrees.  NWS ignored short term forecasting last night.  Looking at the radar and all short term models it was going to rain for many in the LSV. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its sunny and hot over here now. 78 humid degrees.  NWS ignored short term forecasting last night.  Looking at the radar and all short term models it was going to rain for many in the LSV. 

They sure did. What an ugly day but we got “some” rain at least. Now we get ready for our first freeze warning? 

37 minutes ago, canderson said:

Today’s partly sunny and 81 forecast has given way to heavy clouds, drizzle and 68. Wonder what’s happen8g for these forecasts to bust so badly this week.

Likely the influence of the remnants of Beta and the southerly/southeasterly flow that has persisted. You can see the low level swirl on satellite just off the coast this afternoon and the clouds hanging tough in eastern PA.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-Mid_Atlantic-truecolor-96-1-100-1&checked=map-glm_flash&colorbar=undefined

38 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

After a great day in Annapolis, came home late last night to rain. I was shocked.

It's still raining.

The only radar that can even see anything in any of the Sus Valley is TBWI, which is a short range radar. CTP mentioned yesterday about waiting on parts for CCX that should arrive very soon. They must be on backorder cuz CCX is still out lol. And LWX radar is having some kind of a more significant issue. Tamaqua probably has better coverage from BGM's radar than the whole LSV attm. The showers your observing are low topped stuff that DIX (Mount Holly) and DOV (Dover) would never see. Although looking at Dover's radar shows the same kind of moist southerly/southeasterly regime in that area that the LSV has been dealing with.

TBWI (edge of the radar range is just catching the showers)

254780909_ScreenShot2020-09-27at2_50_22PM.thumb.png.9c06c090ec6f00489588df4b10da6f7a.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’m in.    Can’t build it right over me or I’d be in a dead spot.  Too bad wgal doesn’t have their Doppler Radar still online.   It would suck living out west where there’s so many radar gaps.  

What happened to it, do you know? Did it require repairs the station can’t afford?