Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Growing season ending early in Cashtown.  It is now up to 49 here.  Only thing missing is the weather chart showing an app runner pouring the warm air in.  Its 11 degrees warmer now than yesterday at this time. 

Or a 980 low 50 miles off of the coast of OCMD with an Arctic High parked over Quebec!

33.3 degrees for my low this morning.  Amazing, a Frost Advisory and it's still calendar Summer!  I'm pretty sure I've never seen a Frost Advisory this early before.  For the Carlisle area the average date of the first 32 degree low is October 15th while the last date is typically April 15th with 180 days for the growing season.  Snow in May...Frost in September...what other crazy things await us in the final three months of 2020??

It was 35ish here this morning with patchy frost. Just outside of town several of the local meso obs were around 32ºF and it was a pretty solid frost. Looking like just about the same deal tonight. Eastern PA might have the coldest low temps tonight.  

Eyeing up late next weekend/Monday for the next precip chances in the area. Models have generally had something there and 12z GFS went for a phase and cutoff with an excessive rain event in the central counties. I'd say the West Branch might go positive again if the GFS 2-5" stripe in 24hrs between the western Laurel's and the Sus River came to fruition. Still way out there...but as mentioned, models have shown more widespread QPF in that timeframe. Other hopefully good news later this week is models have been showing a Pac NW system coming in mid-late week.. so hopefully some of that gets down at least into Oregon and knocks down some of those wildfires. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

Any suggestions for a fall foliage drive later on when we might get a little color? From Harrisburg, we’d be okay driving 4-5 hours for a nice day trip. 

Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park. Though, if you can only go on a weekend it will be very crowded.

Delaware Water Gap up near Stroudsburg is great too.

• Like 1