Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think I may elect to wear a long sleeve shirt tomorrow.   Good chance someone in the southern half of this forum gets frost one night as well.   Maybe even a 32 hit over in Cashtown?

The course will be a touch colder than the house as part of it sits along the creek bottom.  I’ll keep an eye out and it wouldn’t shock me to see a little frost there.   

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My point and click for today is Mostly Sunny. The next 6 days are Sunny every day. Beautiful weather for sure - just wonder when it might rain again...

Invest 90L needs better timing with the Northern Shortwave or bust.  Glad I did not put my grass seed down yet.  Would be a lost cause. 

Well....:huh: I guess NWS in State College can take a week off?

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. North wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
Tonight
Clear, with a low around 42. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 64. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
Saturday Night
Clear, with a low around 41. North wind 3 to 5 mph.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 64. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
Sunday Night
Clear, with a low around 41.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 66.
Monday Night
Clear, with a low around 41.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 72.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 51.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 79.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 55.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 79.

13 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Update on our cat Tiger...

The vet is leaning toward a middle/inner ear infection, but if she doesn't resolve in 1-2 weeks, it could be something more like a brain lesion. She gave us an antibiotic to give her. We just have to wait and see...

Wishing her the best! 

Pixel's UTI is cleared up by the antibiotic she was on made her more sick, and now she has something going on with her hind parts. We think straining from the antibiotic-related issues has caused it so Monday morning we're going back to the vet. 

15 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wishing her the best! 

Pixel's UTI is cleared up by the antibiotic she was on made her more sick, and now she has something going on with her hind parts. We think straining from the antibiotic-related issues has caused it so Monday morning we're going back to the vet. 

Oh boy...wishing Pixel the best as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

No garden hose.   Comn man.   :icecream:

The Seed needs 1/4" of water per day for two weeks though it will get by every other day based on my experience.  That would be my new full time job.  LOL.  The whole yard is being reseeded (in the front).  Landscaper has dug out and tilled the yard now we wait for rain. 

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

Update on our cat Tiger...

The vet is leaning toward a middle/inner ear infection, but if she doesn't resolve in 1-2 weeks, it could be something more like a brain lesion. She gave us an antibiotic to give her. We just have to wait and see...

Thanks for the updates and you have our prayers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Seed needs 1/4" of water per day for two weeks though it will get by every other day based on my experience.  That would be my new full time job.  LOL.  The whole yard is being reseeded (in the front).  Landscaper has dug out and tilled the yard now we wait for rain. 

Weather World 12 day trends has a wet period around end of month.  Could be a good target time.  

4 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Weather World 12 day trends has a wet period around end of month.  Could be a good target time.  

Yea, hoping before mid October otherwise I will have to wait until Spring.  I will be in Florida that last week of Sept but if I see it coming I may put it down next week.  The farmer beside me just had his whole crop felled.  The cobs never grew without water.    He said he expecting about 75,000 dollars from insurance and a government grant.     Crazy times. 

Wow lows in the mid 30s here the next 4 nights in a row. Sometimes we don't get a run like until most of the way through October. 

Tonight

Mostly clear, with a low around 37. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light after midnight. 

Saturday

Sunny, with a high near 60. Calm wind becoming northeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. 

Saturday Night

Clear, with a low around 36. Light northeast wind. 

Sunday

Sunny, with a high near 64. Northeast wind 3 to 6 mph. 

Sunday Night

Clear, with a low around 35. Calm wind. 

Monday

Sunny, with a high near 65.

Monday Night

Clear, with a low around 37.

Tuesday

Sunny, with a high near 71.

Tuesday Night

Clear, with a low around 49.

Wednesday

Sunny, with a high near 76.

Wednesday Night

Mostly clear, with a low around 52.

Thursday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.

Thursday Night

Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51.

Friday

Partly sunny, with a high near 71.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Cover the plants. 

Fortunately the only thing I really got going outside right now is the two Knockout rose plants i planted in the late summer.. which are supposed to be fairly hardy to chilly nights like that. That mid May hard freeze and snow we had I don't know how that didn't take out some of the stuff that was growing then like the daffodils and the fully bloomed Magnolia tree. 

2 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Wow lows in the mid 30s here the next 4 nights in a row. Sometimes we don't get a run like until most of the way through October. 

I’m enjoying this early Fall weather. We have had some very warm Septembers in recent years, so I will certainly take this stretch of Fall conditions. I love the chilly mornings and warm afternoons with no humidity. The breeze today was very refreshing as well. 

Light frost here this morning and it got down to 34-35ish. If i'm seeing a bit of it in town I'm sure the usual spots outside of town probably had a pretty heavy frost or even a freeze. Several meso stations below freezing in the immediate area. Station in Philpsburg reporting a 27ºF and a couple on the outskirts of State College and near Port Matilda 30-31ºF.