• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

@paweather if you really want to go into tracker mode the Nam, over the last 4 runs, has been constantly driving the remnants of Sally further North and West to the point that the State Winners for 2020, SE PA, score quite well on the 18Z.  The trend is our friend?   It was suggesting this on some runs yesterday but had dropped it for the previous few runs. 

• Like 1

Smoke's maybe a tad thinner tonight. You can see some of the brighter stars tonight where last night about the only thing you could see was Mars, which is currently one of the brightest objects in the night sky (closest approach to Earth Oct 6th). Still can't really see much though, which is a bummer for star gazers b/c you couldn't ask for better viewing conditions right now between the clear/dry conditions (sans the smoke layer) and an almost new moon. 

16 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

@paweather if you really want to go into tracker mode the Nam, over the last 4 runs, has been constantly driving the remnants of Sally further North and West to the point that the State Winners for 2020, SE PA, score quite well on the 18Z.  The trend is our friend?   It was suggesting this on some runs yesterday but had dropped it for the previous few runs. 

It just seems like the Delaware Valley is the winner this season. I hope this trend doesn't last for winter.

1 minute ago, paweather said:

12z is hitting the state of Delaware pretty good. 

Hey,

I meant Euro when I said EC.  For 7-8 days out.  I did see the Nam is pulled back on its intrusion into PA again.   I was hoping for better final results.  Going to be tough watching it rain a lot 30 miles to my south. 

On 9/16/2020 at 9:56 AM, Itstrainingtime said:

As an owner of 5 pets, 4 of which I rescued...my heart goes out to those of you who are dealing with sick animals. Talk about pulling on heartstrings...

As pawatch mentioned, Sally's biggest story line is rain. Hard to fathom that some coastal areas might end up with more rain from Sally than Rouzerville sees during 2020. 

I saw a quote from the mayor of Pensacola who said they got more rain in 4 hours than is normal in 4 months.  I think the 4 hours comment was an exaggeration but they are claiming 30+" in the till.   Radar estimates do not show 30" but regardless that comment made me think of this comment and chuckle a bit.  

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

How did Tiger's visit go? 

She goes this evening after the wife gets home from work. Right now, with my left arm "tied up", I can't do much and it usually takes two people to get her into a carrier, so my mother in law is going to help. I'll definitely let you know.

As for everyday stuff, she still eats, drinks, uses the litterbox, and wants her treats. Her head is still crooked, but sometimes it's not as bad as Tuesday morning when I took the pic.

To keep this weather related, if we don't get some rain soon, cacti might start growing here...lol, although the GFS wants to bring some rain into the area beyond hour 240.

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

She goes this evening after the wife gets home from work. Right now, with my left arm "tied up", I can't do much and it usually takes two people to get her into a carrier, so my mother in law is going to help. I'll definitely let you know.

As for everyday stuff, she still eats, drinks, uses the litterbox, and wants her treats. Her head is still crooked, but sometimes it's not as bad as Tuesday morning when I took the pic.

To keep this weather related, if we don't get some rain soon, cacti might start growing here...lol, although the GFS wants to bring some rain into the area beyond hour 240.

I hope all goes well! 

5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Best of luck.  Sounds somewhat hopeful.  I am sure everyone hopes the best.  It seriously must really be bad for some if you feel like it is dry as you have had a lot of rain this summer.  Not being sarcastic  just surprised it is dry there. 

52 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Best wishes! That is a cute kitty. :) 

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I saw a quote from the mayor of Pensacola who said they got more rain in 4 hours than is normal in 4 months.  I think the 4 hours comment was an exaggeration but they are claiming 30+" in the till.   Radar estimates do not show 30" but regardless that comment made me think of this comment and chuckle a bit.  

They got a lot of rain - and a heckuva lot more than you've gotten in many months. 

It's going to all even out this winter. :) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have actually never been in Pensacola.  Its a different world over there.  Texans trying to live the Florida life.

All of my trips (approx. 20) have been to central FL and north and east of there. Many trips to Cocoa Beach and JAX. I often wondered what it was like in the panhandle. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Best of luck.  Sounds somewhat hopeful.  I am sure everyone hopes the best.  It seriously must really be bad for some if you feel like it is dry as you have had a lot of rain this summer.  Not being sarcastic  just surprised it is dry there. 

First, thanks everyone for the good wishes for Tiger.

Bubbler, we are at 40 inches for the year, but we haven't had a whole lot over the past few weeks. Isaias was the last heavy rain we had. I know you guys need it more than I do, though.