Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

7 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Speaking of sick pets, we woke up to our "Tiger" looking like this. It may be a simple ear infection but could also have been a mild stroke. She goes to the vet on Thursday. The hits just keep coming this year... 

FB_IMG_1600215950051.jpg

Very sorry to hear that.  Pets are the world to so many.  Is she acting normal otherwise? 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Very sorry to hear that.  Pets are the world to so many.  Is she acting normal otherwise? 

Thanks...

Other than hiding under the sofa because I think she's frightened by it, yes. She eats, drinks, uses the litter box, and wanted her treats this morning.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pawatch said:

42 degrees at 6:30 am this morning. I sure hope we pick up some rain before winter. Or people with wells could be hurting.

Hurricane Sally is moving slow and dumping lots of rain.  

Wells are suffering here.  Lots of dirt water.  The rain has been so random and dispersed where one area might just be dry while another has seen their water level drops 50-60% from start of 2019 so some areas are at their lowest levels in decades if not more.   Thank goodness we have municipality water.  With little rain expected through September much of  West Central PA will end up having less than 10" of rain over a 5 month period.

As an owner of 5 pets, 4 of which I rescued...my heart goes out to those of you who are dealing with sick animals. Talk about pulling on heartstrings...

As pawatch mentioned, Sally's biggest story line is rain. Hard to fathom that some coastal areas might end up with more rain from Sally than Rouzerville sees during 2020. 

43 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

As an owner of 5 pets, 4 of which I rescued...my heart goes out to those of you who are dealing with sick animals. Talk about pulling on heartstrings...

As pawatch mentioned, Sally's biggest story line is rain. Hard to fathom that some coastal areas might end up with more rain from Sally than Rouzerville sees during 2020. 

LOL.  We still still have October-Dec.  Some areas of Central PA have only received 4" of rain since May 1 so Rouzerville is not the bottom of the barrel.  I am just the one that bitches about it the most.  

50 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

A crisp 39.9 degrees this morning.  First breakthrough into the 30's of the season.  Even ran the heat for 15 minutes to take the chill off a bit.

i woke up about 230, windows wide open. Holy crap was it cold. 

Big 10 back to football October 24

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Seems risky on the football thing.  They may have been better of playing the games in Aug and Sept.  Once cold and flu season get here its going to be hard to go out again. 

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I think the Big 10 will look back at this and say "opps" They thought all the Power 5 conferences were going to take their lead on the decision not to play and that didn't happen. I agree that the PAC 12 has a different circumstance in these wildfires right now. Anyways more cloud smoke today. And Canderson it does look dry but at least fall temps into next week. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Seems risky on the football thing.  They may have been better of playing the games in Aug and Sept.  Once cold and flu season get here its going to be hard to go out again. 

It just shows they care about football and money over students. Spending millions on testing for athletes and coaches but not the student body and professors is utter BS. 

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

It just shows they cause football and money over students. Spending millions on testing for athletes and coaches but not the student body and professors is utter BS. 

Its our country and what people value.  I just know many businesses are telling their employees to expect complete travel bans from October-March so I just do not see the sense in starting football right when the bans are starting. 

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

It just shows they care about football and money over students. Spending millions on testing for athletes and coaches but not the student body and professors is utter BS. 

It's all about the money. Imagine the cash cow that is PSU football on a fall Saturday with 107,000 fans shelling out the dough that they (okay, I) do. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's all about the money. Imagine the cash cow that is PSU football on a fall Saturday with 107,000 fans shelling out the dough that they (okay, I) do. 

It is about the money for sure, but money this year won't be anything like a normal year. I realize the testing and everything else that goes on right now but value that these athletes worked their a$$es off to get to this stage and play Division 1 so I'm happy for them. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

I think the GFS did as well. 

The EC had something at 0Z but shunted it south and did not make it a risk like it is showing now.   Just peeked at the GFS and saw an area of disturbed weather but not a High level Tropical Storm of Cat 1 like the EC is showing.   I am going to Florida that weekend and the EC worries me a bit. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The EC had something at 0Z but shunted it south and did not make it a risk like it is showing now.   Just peeked at the GFS and saw an area of disturbed weather but not a High level Tropical Storm of Cat 1 like the EC is showing.   I am going to Florida that weekend and the EC worries me a bit. 

Hope things change a bit and you can get down there safely. I know Pensacola got hit pretty hard last night/today. 

Just now, paweather said:

Hope things change a bit and you can get down there safely. I know Pensacola got hit pretty hard last night/today. 

As long as whatever is out there stays weak I am ok but I would really hate to get stuck down there so anything out in the Gulf is a risk (plus I wanted to go to the beach that Sunday...Bradenton).  I am making one long trip down there now when things are fairly calm with Covid.   I will be more toward N Central Florida. 

• Like 1