Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

9 minutes ago, paweather said:

Delaware Valley winner again? 

Regardless of the smoothed over departure from normal maps the NWS puts out, they do not take micro weather into account, there is a definite trend of drier, dry, normal, wetter, wettest if one takes a line from North Central PA and goes South and West into the Delaware Valley.   If this has been during a cold/winter scenario Philly may have broken their snowfall record for a season. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm doing this as well. Trying to figure out when is the best time to start reseeding. 

The thing that worries/bothers me, and I am having some very expensive procedures done here to try and get back on the right track, is the bags always say you need to water the seed every day for 2-3 weeks.  That is a LOT of work without an irrigation system. 

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm doing this as well. Trying to figure out when is the best time to start reseeding. 

ive had my best luck mid to late September. im planning now to get an aerator 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The thing that worries/bothers me, and I am having some very expensive procedures done here to try and get back on the right track, is the bags always say you need to water the seed every day for 2-3 weeks.  That is a LOT of work without an irrigation system. 

its a gamble, i try and use Ma nature to water for me if i can work it out. 

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

ive had my best luck mid to late September. im planning now to get an aerator 

its a gamble, i try and use Ma nature to water for me if i can work it out. 

Oh yea, then in it easy going but outside the last two days that has been pie in the sky hopes for me.   I am thinking of using the Scott's PA Mix.  The person working on my yard said its hard to put down one type of seed and keep weeds out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Cashtown_Coop, where do you stand for total precip in 2020?  My records are not trustworthy past May so curious if we are normal for the year despite the large summer deficit.    MDT would be at 28" through August if you average out their norm monthly numbers.

YTD I’m at 28.19”.