Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Autumn 2020 Banter

doncat

8 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

The fact that there's any chance of winter is a win this year. 

Things still look good 2nd week of Dec.

Can you expand on this ? Nothing showing up yet in guidance so far  that would indicate any significant snow in the metro ..........

21 hours ago, Nibor said:

Whenever I walk around my neighborhood and see all the makeshift outdoor seating areas on the sides of the streets all I can think of is how much of a shitstorm it would be if it snowed over a foot and plows would have to clear the roadways. 

Not to mention the cars that have been crashing into these outdoor seating areas.

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

Not to mention the cars that have been crashing into these outdoor seating areas.

These seating structures dramatically narrow the road, so most drivers slow down a lot. If the virus is ever healed, the congestion will be impressive.

Maybe it's all a plot to promote mass transit??

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, etudiant said:

These seating structures dramatically narrow the road, so most drivers slow down a lot. If the virus is ever healed, the congestion will be impressive.

Maybe it's all a plot to promote mass transit??

‘Bout damn time we overhauled it. 

Doing my regular update on the latest episode of Cosmos: Possible Worlds, since it's the only thing I'd ever watch on FOX aside from sporting events.

Just watched the latest mindblowing episode of Cosmos: Possible Worlds with Neil Degrasse Tyson and he talked about the dual nature of light, quantum mechanics, possible parallel universes (MWI style) and higher dimensions.  When discussing entanglement and instantaneous action at a distance and how it violates classical physics and how two particles entangled together though billions of light years apart can change spin at the exact same moment, until an observer interferes by the mere act of observing (and violates relativity for that matter), he brought up the idea of superdeterminism, something I've been considering for awhile now as the only way out of the quantum paradox, that the entire history of the universe was actually decided at its inception (no free will,etc.)  I've always believed free will to be an illusion, and that behavior at the quantum level shows that instead of cause and effect, the entire history of the universe was decided when it was rebooted.  His point though was just because free will is an illusion it doesn't mean we should behave as though we know it's an illusion.

6 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

i hope the cold pattern verifies and we get a bunch of big threats that fall apart at the last minute

Hell you dont even need a big threat for people to get excited around here lol.

They're happy if a model ANY model shows what they want to see, even if it's one that shows the planet upside down.....

It's the same people who would measure snow with the ruler upside down if it made them think they got more snow.

• Haha 1

Many Christmas tree farms are picked over and closing for the season after unprecedented traffic in the first two weekends. Two out of three in my town have officially put an end to cutting, and the third was ready to pull the plug any time now when I spoke to the owner yesterday. An unforeseen, and I assume unforeseeable, result of the pandemic.

46 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Many Christmas tree farms are picked over and closing for the season after unprecedented traffic in the first two weekends. Two out of three in my town have officially put an end to cutting, and the third was ready to pull the plug any time now when I spoke to the owner yesterday. An unforeseen, and I assume unforeseeable, result of the pandemic.

Makes sense though with so many choosing wisely to stay home this year