Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Autumn 2020 Banter

doncat

• Rjay pinned this topic
14 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

alot of my area has burned foliage from the tropical storm salt spray.    You have to go  a mile or so inland to see normal green foliage

My parents trees are starting to grow back some leaves. They defoliated so bad I was worried they wouldn’t make it. Two very large silver maples (short lived) which lost major branches as well. 
The entire south shore of Western LI has a series of small lakes and ponds Which can be pretty spectacular some years. All the viewing spots are on the south sides looking north. Toss the whole foliage season there. 

15 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

Baseball especially.  I didnt realize how bad the TV experience would be without fans

I'm surprised, it hasn't changed for me one bit.  I like the game itself and can't stand when they cut to the stands to show some dope that looks to be praying. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Violently agree.  When was the last decent year around here for foliage?  The past two, for sure, have sucked. 

Yeah, 2016 was the last one that sticks out in my memory as being particularly nice. It is what it is, though. For my purposes, foliage season provides the impetus to get out and shoot more photos, even though the leaves themselves are almost never the main driver behind a successful autumn image. Otherwise there's only so much ooh'ing and ahh'ing one can do through the windshield.

• Like 1