Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs 2020

George BM

4 hours ago, Scraff said:

That’s because the Sterling radar has been broken and offline for a few days now. I thought it was supposed to be fixed yesterday, but that doesn’t seem to be the case this morning. 

It was *not* supposed to be fixed yesterday. It was supposed to be evaluated for next steps yesterday (which it was). Bull-gear failure and it will likely be down for 10+ days. 

22 minutes ago, nj2va said:

While we need the rain here, today’s weather was an A for sure.  72 and partly cloudy/partly sunny throughout the day.  

Although its noticeable how low the lake is right now vs normal.  Hopefully we get some solid rains this week.

I heard they are going to take the level down past the lower limit this winter to do some maintenance. Looks like its on the lower end of the band right now: https://safewaters.com/facility/12

• Thanks 1

Just now, nj2va said:

GFS favoring the I-81 corridor with the heaviest rain this week, dropping 2”+ over that area.

Did you notice the GFS  it is trending more progressive as well. Meanwhile, the dews here are insane. My location is in the upper 60's,  but other locations much higher. Very gross for almost October 1 st. 

Looking at the satellite time lapse just now and seeing the back edge of the cloud deck rapidly advancing to the NE.  Should go partly to mostly sunny later . 

Humidity 93%
Wind Speed S 8 mph
Barometer 29.91 in (1012.6 mb)
Dewpoint 66°F (19°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Last update 28 Sep 7:51 am EDT

• Like 1

15 hours ago, George BM said:

@BlizzardNole Hmm... Not too often I see this profile pic outside of winter.

75/65 at IAD atm.

The pic is about the complete rock bottom that FSU football has hit.

So LWX talking about 1-2" east of Route 15 and more (of course) east of I-95.  I would be ecstatic with 0.75.  I'd love some thunder too -- haven't had much of that at all.

2 hours ago, frd said:

Did you notice the GFS  it is trending more progressive as well. Meanwhile, the dews here are insane. My location is in the upper 60's,  but other locations much higher. Very gross for almost October 1 st. 

Looking at the satellite time lapse just now and seeing the back edge of the cloud deck rapidly advancing to the NE.  Should go partly to mostly sunny later . 

Humidity 93%
Wind Speed S 8 mph
Barometer 29.91 in (1012.6 mb)
Dewpoint 66°F (19°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Last update 28 Sep 7:51 am EDT

Progressive is good. Not looking forward to more heavy rain. Hope it is correct.

I am looking forward to Fall weather with abundant sunshine returning later in the week.

• Like 1

Just now, CAPE said:

Progressive is good. Not looking forward to more heavy rain. Hope it is correct.

Looking forward to Fall weather with abundant sunshine returning later in the week.

Me as well. Seems the WPC shifted ever so slightly the heaviest Rains to our East. By a hair, but better than deep red shades. 

Update on the LWX Radar: https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/p.php?pil=PNSLWX&e=202009281850

Looks like no sooner than the 16th of next month. 

On Saturday, technicians from the NWS Radar Operations Center 
(ROC), based in Norman, Oklahoma, determined that a primary 
component for turning the radar antenna, the bull-gear, needs 
replacement. This repair will require 12,000 to 15,000 pounds of 
equipment and a six-person team from the ROC to restore the radar.

7 minutes ago, UIWWildthing said:

Update on the LWX Radar: https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/p.php?pil=PNSLWX&e=202009281850

Looks like no sooner than the 16th of next month. 

On Saturday, technicians from the NWS Radar Operations Center 
(ROC), based in Norman, Oklahoma, determined that a primary 
component for turning the radar antenna, the bull-gear, needs 
replacement. This repair will require 12,000 to 15,000 pounds of 
equipment and a six-person team from the ROC to restore the radar.

I've been tapping into KDOX, but it obviously doesn't have great coverage our way.  Can anyone suggest a good alternative while LWX is down?

• H2O unpinned this topic