Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs 2020

George BM

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

The remnants of Beta behaving more like an Alpha here.

0.72" with another heavy shower rolling through.

Hopefully its about done. It would be nice to salvage some of the day.

From 430 AM to 630 AM. it really came down here. Really surprised by over .60 inch of rain.  Seems as the norm, dryness does not last long, at least in this area. Glad to hear you are going to retire the sprinkler. Farewell my good friend. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, frd said:

From 430 AM to 630 AM. it really came down here. Really surprised by over .60 inch of rain.  Seems as the norm, dryness does not last long, at least in this area. Glad to hear you are going to retire the sprinkler. Farewell my good friend. 

I was using it the past week to water my newly seeded areas, as it had not rained for a week. No need for that now.

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Wow, that’s impressive.  You basically live on a bog now.

Well I do have a seasonal wetland on the back part of my property, but it is only wet when the water table breaks the surface in late winter and Spring.

Otherwise my property is high and dry. With shorter days and cooler temps, the soil stays pretty moist, which is always a battle here during the summer no matter how much it rains.

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Latest Euro is further east with the mid week  low then 0z ...and takes the rain for mby with it . I95 and eastern shore do well ( that's a surprise :D)

Man I hope not. I don't want to drown the new grass. I wish I could will it in your direction. Plenty of time though.

12z GFS has the heavier rain for the lower eastern shore/southern DE, but still an inch+ NW of there and into your area.

WPC has the area in a slight risk for excessive rain day 3.

From Mount Holly-

Hazards: The longer the front stalls or at least slows, the longer our region will be in southerly return flow (resulting in low level moisture advection). Consequently, precipitable water values of 1.5 to 2 inches will be possible, especially over the coastal plains. The 90th percentile of pwat at IAD for late September is about 1.5 inches, so needless to say if this happens, pwats will be well above normal. Additionally the warm cloud layer will likely be very deep for late September. Also, low and mid level flow could be close to parallel of the front, which could increase the threat for training storms/showers. Therefore, will mention the potential for heavy rain in the HWO. However, have chosen to hold off on a flash flood watch at this point given the poor run to run consistency we have seen so far, especially with the timing of the front (timing will be key to the threat for heavy rain).

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's close fmby.  I'll continue to keep an eye on it but Gfs and Euro both still too far east and concentrate moderate to heavy rains i95 and east atm. 

I wish I could send it your way. These late season tiger mosquitoes need to go. I really don't want to have to do a malathion nuke job at this point, but I may have too lol.

33 minutes ago, Scraff said:

That’s because the Sterling radar has been broken and offline for a few days now. I thought it was supposed to be fixed yesterday, but that doesn’t seem to be the case this morning. 

Wunderground uses the TDWRs and there’s nothing on those either.

• H2O unpinned this topic