Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs 2020

George BM

6 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

I admit I was wrong. I was just surprised to get the CMAS, I've been in lots of warning situations here without it and I'm not even in the warning box.

FFW always has triggered my CMAS. I'd turn on your test notifications to see if you get the test ones. I have a coworker that wasn't getting about 50 percent of the CMAS notifications

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Dang so what is this...just a southern MD/DC event? Had no idea this was an "event" per se...I knew it was supposed to be heavy rain or whatever but...dang, lol

It seems more and more common to get these crazy deluges in some areas with other areas nearby getting nothing.  It's a thing.

Both kids are at UMD and say it is just torrential rain with big thunder.  At least they don't have to walk to classes today.

Just now, BlizzardNole said:

It seems more and more common to get these crazy deluges in some areas with other areas nearby getting nothing.  It's a thing.

Both kids are at UMD and say it is just torrential rain with big thunder.  At least they don't have to walk to classes today.

Went to UMD. The mall can become a river. Can they get pics?

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

It does, but it also doesn't seem to be advancing much north. Seem like it is hitting a wall right now.

Got a question about this...Why is it that areas in the southern half of the state seem to be more prone to severe weather? Or am I just imagining that? (Seems like the northeast part of the state sees a little more too...nothing like an Aberdeen/northeast, MD thunderstorm, lol)

• H2O unpinned this topic