Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs 2020

George BM

29 minutes ago, southmdwatcher said:

1.77" since yesterday 3.1" for the month, glad the bulk of the heavier rain slid off to the east. The ground is totally soaked again with standing water everywhere.

In Huntingtown, and two of the three roads leading to my development are STILL closed from the hurricane a month ago...   The third access point is starting to wash out as well - they tried putting some bluestone down to control the erosion and it's all washing away.  Another big heavy rain event and that one will also turn into a sinkhole and we'll all be trapped.  

I'm so sick of rain this summer.  We have to be close to 35" of rain since July 1st now.  We know come winter it's going to dry right up and be sunny and warm.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Is this weather really buzz everyone's phones worthy?

The axis that the storms seem to be moving along seems interesting though, I suppose the training may cause some real flooding

Storm motions are likely going to be slow with very weak flow aloft. PW is 2"+.The flash flood risk is legit.

19 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Is this weather really buzz everyone's phones worthy?

The axis that the storms seem to be moving along seems interesting though, I suppose the training may cause some real flooding

There are 3 to 4 water rescues in progress in Montgomery County with plenty of heavy rain still occurring. Is that not a valid CMAS activation for a FFW? 

Just now, Kmlwx said:

There are 3 to 4 water rescues in progress in Montgomery County with plenty of heavy rain still occurring. Is that not a valid CMAS activation for a FFW? 

I admit I was wrong. I was just surprised to get the CMAS, I've been in lots of warning situations here without it and I'm not even in the warning box.

• H2O unpinned this topic