Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2020

George BM

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Seems many of the injuries have occurred on synthetic surfaces. The technologies vary somewhat, and are better than 20 years ago, but still generally suck.

I wonder if its the fields or the shoes.  Some fields it looks like the turf is so deep it locks the foot in and then the torque from a player making a move causes knees to get wrecked.  But that has to be a function of the shoe as well, one would think.  If that helps lock the foot into the turf with no give then there ya go.  ACL MCL ripped to shreds.

18 hours ago, yoda said:

Tiebreaker of 780 degrees? ;)

Well...being the geek I am, I looked to see what 780 degrees Fahrenheit is in Celsius, thinking there was some inverse joke related to "Fahrenheit 451" in there.  It's equivalent 415.6 deg C.  So, it's not all that far from "Celsius 451"? :lol:

Either way, kinda toasty!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Well...being the geek I am, I looked to see what 780 degrees Fahrenheit is in Celsius, thinking there was some inverse joke related to "Fahrenheit 451" in there.  It's equivalent 415.6 deg C.  So, it's not all that far from "Celsius 451"? :lol:

Either way, kinda toasty!

Cool book. I want the version where you have to hold a flame to the page to read it...

• H2O unpinned this topic