Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2020

George BM

11 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@CAPE

I’ll be in Dover today. Any good spots for a beer around there?

I don't go to Dover a lot for food/beer, but if you are looking for a place to grab lunch and a beer(assuming they are doing dine in) 33 West Ale House and Grille is a place I have been a few times and its very good. Food is good and good craft beer selection.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro continues to show TD 19 with barely much movement  for 2- 3 days strait south of the gulf coast early week .  Should be a heck of a soaker. Looks doubtful we see anything but I'll continue to track it .

It can be frustratingly hard to get decent tropical remnants up here as you probably know WAY too well. Over the years I've noticed how the weather pattern has done everything in its power to prevent us from seeing good remnants. If a tropical system is near the Florida/southeast US coast a trough will often be right there to curve it out to the NE to our southeast. If a tropical system is in the GOM the flow will often become configured in a way that will prevent it from moving NE towards us. Often it will stall out or meander slowly in the south and southeastern US or if it is on the move it will track WAY to our west. 

But I'm just rambling/venting and am almost definitely biased because of how much I weenie for extreme weather... and I'm no expert anyway.

I know that it has been quite dry IYY lately. Hopefully you get a 3-foot deluge soon and then get thundersnow supercells w/ tornadoes all winter long. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 5:05 PM, WxUSAF said:

Union Fest Beer is quite tasty. Tastes more like an authentic German Oktoberfest than DuClaw Mad Bishop which I had last night.

Don't snooze on your local, Sapwood. Sky Meadow is a pretty good spin on an Oktoberfest brew (fiestbeer). Followed it up last night with a Snip Snap ;)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It is real hard to get good remant rains well west of i95 in my experience.  It seems the odds are exponentially better i95 and just east especially.  I still am scratching my head from the remnant low that came up the bay a month or so ago. It had a symmetrical presentation with rain . It wasn't a typical eastern loaded only qpf field and I only got 2 inches of rain . We just never got good rates from west side of Baltimore on west.  The temps were in the high 60s to low 70s along with the dews and 2 inch Pwats so I expected with the center of circulation so so close to mby I'd get 3-6 inches for sure even though it was moving fast . Nope . 

Now you know what 95/east feels like in winter when the heavy bands set up over the Winchester to you corridor :)

• Weenie 1

41 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It is real hard to get good remant rains well west of i95 in my experience.  It seems the odds are exponentially better i95 and just east especially.  I still am scratching my head from the remnant low that came up the bay a month or so ago. It had a symmetrical presentation with rain . It wasn't a typical eastern loaded only qpf field and I only got 2 inches of rain . We just never got good rates from west side of Baltimore on west.  The temps were in the high 60s to low 70s along with the dews and 2 inch Pwats so I expected with the center of circulation so so close to mby I'd get 3-6 inches for sure even though it was moving fast . Nope . 

Even with Laura. You would find it hard to believe that it was fairly decently sized storm not far from a Cat 5 at landfall in Louisiana 48-60 hrs before the remnants came right over the region. It somehow became scattered tropical downpours that affected the usual spots and missed the usual spots(aka your dust bowl, @BlizzardNole's yard and MBY... probably because its energy got strung out along the associated cold front. 

... Hmmm... I'm starting to get good at being EJ.

@Eskimo Joe You might be getting replaced. ;)

48 minutes ago, mappy said:

Yeah main coil in the inside unit, so he replaced that and we are good to go. It cracked and was the ultimate cause of the leak. 

Interesting.  Given how relatively new the unit is, makes you wonder if there was a defect at the point of manufacture.  Hope the system provides trouble-free service going forward.  

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm starting to see articles about states and counties  canceling or suggesting against Trick or Treating this year  . Are you kidding :axe:

Shouldnt come as a surprise. Theyll likely also strongly suggest we avoid large family gatherings around the holidays. That'll be a big challenge.

2 hours ago, snowfan said:

Shouldnt come as a surprise. Theyll likely also strongly suggest we avoid large family gatherings around the holidays. That'll be a big challenge.

My IL's are pushing us to come down to Mr. J's cousins house in NC for Thanksgiving. First we no longer travel on Thanksgiving break anymore. We have spent way to many times in horrible traffic on I-81 and what should be a 9 hr drive turns into a 14 hour drive. Second we have no idea what kind of keeping to themselves the rest of his family has been doing. I won't even go and visit my sister or brothers in GA/OH or my parents in FL and I know that they have been keeping to themselves. We have no family here in MD and yes it sucks that we cannot see any of them without taking multiple precautions. We have out circle of close friends over in VA where we board our pony and we have been around them since February weekly so we will most likely being doing something with them. We are already going together and rented a house in Chincoteague in October just because it is our safe circle group and we all need a mental break. With kids all doing online school we felt why not do it there for a week. But that will be our only plans for any kind of travel. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Definitely weird, especially when you see the empty stands with piped in crowd noise lol, but I'd prefer that over having thousands in the stands and risking it for both the teams and communities. 

Actually--what I find really interesting is that across the sports leagues there haven't been a lot of outbreaks. Obviously the bubble has been perfect, but even in MLB, MLS, and the NFL training camp, not a lot of COVID positives with greater degrees of freedom. It's almost like taking the virus seriously results in people not getting the virus :rolleyes:

Who woulda thunk?

Being able to test on the reg. track, and immediately quarantine if needed is nice too.

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic