Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2020

George BM

34 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

I suspect this winter will have twice as much snow if not more than last winter, despite an unfavorable ENSO. Last winter was a special one. 

Hope so down here in central virginia where we had... at most 0.8inches where I am? Couldn’t take measurements because it was gone before I could get home both times.

37 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Classic Denver.

Euro drops in a deep trough and closes it off over the 4 corners, thus the extreme change in temperature. A bit extreme even for there in early Sept. though. I will go out on a limb- it won't go from mid 90s to 30s for highs in one day lol. Definitely looks like a major shift in the h5 pattern, but probably more like highs in the 50s, maybe 40s for a few days in Denver itself.

23 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Sad day here today. We let our 18 year old cat Oscar run pain free over the Rainbow Bridge. He had been fighting cancer for 2 years. But his body had just had enough. We will miss him so much. He was such a kind gentleman. 

22E72303-B50E-4FDB-9F7D-249B1EC514B7.jpeg

I'm so sorry to hear about that, Mrs. J!!  My sincere condolences and hugs to you.  I know how hard it is to make that decision, my brother and sister-in-law have had cats for years and they've had to go through the same kind of thing.  Never fun.  But I hope you will all have many good memories of Oscar over his 18 years!!

On a lighter note if I may.  My stepmom once saw her cat sitting neatly on the table, right in the middle of a placemat (illegal for the cat to be there, of course!).  She said why is it that when cats do something wrong, they place themselves right in the center??  As if deliberately defiant!  I'm sure you can relate to that!  Also, when I go visit my brother/sister-in-law I always hear that it's like a spa weekend for their cats...another set of hands available to pet them!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

I suspect this winter will have twice as much snow if not more than last winter, despite an unfavorable ENSO. Last winter was a special one. 

Well, to paraphrase Bilbo Baggins in LOTR, "We'll get half as much snow as we should like, and less than half as much as we deserve!!" :D

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

I hope the heavy rain manages to avoid my yard today. 

Got plenty last night, and some of the grass I planted a few weeks ago looks a bit meh. With the lowering sun angle there isn't as much sun through the trees to really dry things out.

It's always something.  For me, it's a patch of bermuda grass.  A couple of years ago I found an affordable product that works well at controlling, but it's no longer available because it was found to be killing honey bees.  I need to find a few people that want to go in on a small bottle of Pylex.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It's always something.  For me, it's a patch of bermuda grass.  A couple of years ago I found an affordable product that works well at controlling, but it's no longer available because it was found to be killing honey bees.  I need to find a few people that want to go in on a small bottle of Pylex.

Yup.

At some point I am just gonna say eff it and let grow what wants to grow. A combo of clover, dandelions, moss, and crabgrass seems like a nice variety of green ground cover. And some pretty little flowers too! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• H2O unpinned this topic