Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2020

George BM

GBM Hurricane Headquarters

Hurricane Vicky Advisory #48 8am edt Mon Sep 28 2020

...Wilmington NC currently in the western eyewall of Vicky... 

34.3N, 77.5W

Max Sustained Winds: 195mph, Gusts: 235mph

Moving: N (350*) at 33 mph

Min Surface Pressure: 885mb

Eye: Closed, 40mi in diameter. 

Hurricane force winds extend out 150 nmi from the center, Tropical storm force winds extend out 470 nmi from the center.

• Weenie 1

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

Went to pick up my order of Malaysian red curry chicken at U Sushi in Easton, and saw them getting shut down in real time. Heath Dept dude was there with all the paperwork and stopped me heading towards the door. They were warned multiple times about failure to wear masks while preparing food. It's really not difficult to simply comply.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Went to pick up my order of Malaysian red curry chicken at U Sushi in Easton, and saw them getting shut down in real time. Heath Dept dude was there with all the paperwork and stopped me heading towards the door. They were warned multiple times about failure to wear masks while preparing food. It's really not difficult to simply comply.

Damn... hope you got your money back then

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Damn... hope you got your money back then

I hadn't paid yet. Pay at pick up.

Its a shame but its their fault for not heeding the warnings. The sushi bar where the 2 dudes are are making the sushi is visible when you go in to pick up, so I am sure they had lots of complaints. I was only ordering hot/cooked food. I think I have eaten sushi once since March.

14 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

How much for Philly?

The NWSGBM Headquarters in Mount Holly call for 90mph wind gusts w/ isolated 100mph gusts possible in the Philly metro... which is very impressive considering the center is forecasted to move over the Blue Ridge west of even the DC metro by late in the afternoon.

The impacts with this one are going to be truly historic and remembered for the rest of many peoples lives up and down the eastern seaboard.

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

What is that? Clearly a stout. Nice head.B)

It’s a silky smooth chocolate milk stout carbonated with nitrogen. But16 oz is a lot, and I’ll be tired of it half way through. Interesting instructions on the can too.

image.jpeg.97255fc94ce57e424d70ba187046e46b.jpeg

It’s a really thin beer. A lot going on flavor-wise, but no body.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It’s a silky smooth chocolate milk stout carbonated with nitrogen. But16 oz is a lot, and I’ll be tired of it half way through. Interesting instructions on the can too.

image.jpeg.97255fc94ce57e424d70ba187046e46b.jpeg

It’s a really thin beer. A lot going on flavor-wise, but no body.

I find milk stouts always lack complexity, and ofc they tend to be low gravity. The creamy smoothness is the appeal for the most part. The pour with nitro is always 'critical' lol. I drink them once in a while but much prefer a BIG Imperial stout.

• Like 1

Want to thank all for the kind words and acknowledgement. Oscar was a special guy. I grew up not liking cats, he changed my opinion. Mr. J had grown up with cats and it was him who wanted kittens when we lived in LA. As we were in an apartment I said yes. Oscar and his sister Ursa, who we lost 4 years ago to the same cancer, marched into our hearts. Knew we would be moving back East yet still adopted the two 4 mo old fuzz balls. We drove cross country with them when we moved back and it was an adventure. And yes both Miss J's knew him and his sister from the start of their lives. It has been the hardest on the younger Miss J. But she went with us yesterday and said it helped her closure. 

Oscar was one of those cats that was more like a dog. He would great us at the door when we came home and was always in our business. And oh my he had a motor on him. You could just look at him and he would start purring. We used to say he was solar charged as when he would lay in a sunbeam he was always purring. He had been on Chemo for 2 years and at the start it was working to keeping him his normal self. But just after his 18th birthday he started to really not rebound from his treatments and we decided to stop. 

As our Vet office is still closed to people they worked with us so that we could still be there through the process. We pulled up in the back of their office and were able to open the back of my car and we all crawled into the trunk with Oscar and were able to spend the whole time with him. And the Dr. and vet tech sat down on the back steps with Oscar in blankets when they administered his end of life care. We have always loved our vet office, but they bent over backwards yesterday to give us the closure wanted. Even had a vet tech who had taken a liking to Oscar make sure he was the one with Oscar the entire time. Even stayed later at work for it. 

We have two more hooligans still in the house. Wes and Millie a pair of crazy tabbies. As of now they do not realize their brother is gone. But he was their gravy train as he ate whenever he asked for it. But the two fatties are going to get a rude surprise of treats being severely limited. But it is for their own good. 

They say things come in 3's so if true we are done with pet deaths this year. Lost both of our budgies (parakeets) this year also. Have always wanted to put Ursa and Oscar together again, and found out that we can. We took in Ursa's urn yesterday with Oscar and their ashes will be combined into one Urn. They should both be home soon. 

13 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Sad day here today. We let our 18 year old cat Oscar run pain free over the Rainbow Bridge. He had been fighting cancer for 2 years. But his body had just had enough. We will miss him so much. He was such a kind gentleman. 

22E72303-B50E-4FDB-9F7D-249B1EC514B7.jpeg

Aww.. sorry for your lost. I lost my 10yo Maine Coon in July to cancer. It was sudden so that made it hard. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The new background map is nice.

with a little quirks -- people were sharing images yesterday of some missing cities and others that were listed in larger font to suggest they were big cities. radarscope was really receptive to peoples comments. so if you see anything like that, shoot them a note. they are able to adjust settings on their end. they are using Open Street Map as their basemap.

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

picked up some supplies for the kiddo from school today. lots of workbooks, reading books and counting pieces. much much better than the spring where we had to print things or wait for stuff in the mail. 

Did the same just 15 minutes ago.  I remain unconvinced that my kid will be able to pay attention during 1st grade online, but they seem to be putting in the effort.

6 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Did the same just 15 minutes ago.  I remain unconvinced that my kid will be able to pay attention during 1st grade online, but they seem to be putting in the effort.

we didn't do too bad in the spring for first grade. she paid attention. i am however going to have her with me for the first couple days so i know how the routine will go before we let her have class in her room. 

I just have to say we are 3 days into online learning and the youngest Miss J, who was bullied horribly last year, has had her best ever start to school since 1st grade. She told me yesterday that she likes not feeling stressed about the bullying. And Mr. J and I can see the difference. 

Every cloud has a silver lining :)

• Like 8

• H2O unpinned this topic