Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter 20-21 General Observations

John1122

18 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Does it have WiFi capability?

Oh yeah, and great range too.  It transmits to the console and from there it uploads directly to the cloud.  It's sensor array seems to be the most common on Wunderground.  I added a lightning detector and will eventually add soil moisture sensors.

• Like 1

Now that we have turned the page into meteorological spring, I can look back on the winter months.  For me, living near downtown Knoxville, this winter "felt" more normal than recent years.  I ended up with almost 4" of snow on Christmas Eve/Christmas day and pretty much whiffed on the other systems.   The climate reports echo what I "felt."  December was 0.9 degrees below the 1981-2010 normals, January was 1.5 degrees above, but with one caveat - the average highs were 0.5 degrees below normal, with lows 3.3 degrees above. So daytime highs were cold.  Lastly, the preliminary data for February shows 0.6 degrees below normal for the month.  

So, all in all, I was pleased with this winter relative to the duds we've had recently.  We actually had snow that stuck around to for my kids to play in two days in a row and I wasn't outside in shorts in January.  Maybe we can get a March surprise - outside of that, I'm ready to start the gardening.

David

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...