• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter 20-21 General Observations

John1122

Currently sleeting in Morristown. I see MRX had to do an update for a light wintry mix moving through this afternoon. Temperatures have been held way down today by a thick cloud deck that moved in after we had a low of 19 at the house this AM. Quite an unexpected surprise today.

• Like 1

Obed this AM:
yHt5SSR.png&key=c19aaf4cb39d23c5b107cf718973cff6cadae0f88ef0a0c3b4c5db43e7f70754

3F5L61J.png&key=513b424fad6c91983ec5ed15e06ae681335e201fa3dca565908765e98708344b

5 - 6 degree temp difference across Morgan county already, may not be looking so good for me. 37 in Mossy Grove and 31 in Lancing. 

It’s very overcast in N Knoxville and the temp is 36. Hasn’t moved in two hours. The valley trapping cold air could be big.

• Like 1

The power of snow cover plus being surrounded by high ridges.  
It's 37+ even 10 miles away where the snow melted off today. 
fRLNiF.md.jpg&key=c74480cbe6a23cbb8b51245c7ce0b86872484fb0b52f63d9a0abdbd36adbde7c

Going from my house to work in the morning is 8.3 miles (Knoxville) it’s not at all uncommon to have an 8-10 degree spread before the sun comes up. Especially in the spring when we have cold mornings and mild afternoons.

• Like 1

Played golf today in shorts. Courses are still wet in spots but 70 degrees and a little windy today was beautiful. I actually feel like I’m a little burnt. Shot 2 under though.

What course? Two under??? Nice!!! I can sometimes shoot below par on miniature golf!!! But the real game.....I

don’t plan on joining the tour anytime soon!!!

• Like 1

Looks like the valley gets the shaft this week. TBH I’m kinda looking forward to warm weather. I know it hasn’t been frigid this winter but we have only had a few really nice days. Seems like we have just as many 55 degree days as 35 but this year it’s been 40-45 and gloomy all winter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Looks like the valley gets the shaft this week. TBH I’m kinda looking forward to warm weather. I know it hasn’t been frigid this winter but we have only had a few really nice days. Seems like we have just as many 55 degree days as 35 but this year it’s been 40-45 and gloomy all winter.

The GFS past few runs has been suggesting we may hit lower to mid 60s later next week.  I mean that's camping temps, I'll be getting spring fever soon.  I logged several nice dustings this season and am content to move on at this point.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, John1122 said:

The blitzing rain and overnight warm up are likely ending the last of my snow cover. I suspect there may be a few more snow showers between now and April but think winter in any meaningful way is likely over. 

Somehow after a ton of rain last night and 50+ on Sunday we still have a little left in heavily shaded areas. And this "line" of snow that slid off the roof and has been there all month lol. Tomorrow is supposed to be mid 50s so I doubt it survives any longer.

N5PsTi.jpg

• Like 6