Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter 20-21 General Observations

John1122

41 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Another good sunset this PM Powell. Driving through Powell and Claxton towards home. I do t have tapatalk. I should probably get it if it helps with pics. 

https://imgur.com/a/zIedxHD

You don't need tapatalk, you've got the imgur URL right there.  You just need to click "Insert other media" and "Insert image from URL" when replying and paste the URL there.

I60zTof.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It may be because I'm making them hidden posts. I had somebody try to preach to me about titles on Imgur when I uploaded a storm pic publicly once and decided I didn't care enough after that to make them public. I will try it again though, to see if it lets me link them. 

In terms of obs. coming back up onto the plateau the fog rolled in and was thick in places. And Kingsport still has a lot more leaves than we do here. I even saw a tree in the N slope of Bays Mt that still looked like it was a pale green. 

8 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

It may be because I'm making them hidden posts. I had somebody try to preach to me about titles on Imgur when I uploaded a storm pic publicly once and decided I didn't care enough after that to make them public. I will try it again though, to see if it lets me link them. 

In terms of obs. coming back up onto the plateau the fog rolled in and was thick in places. And Kingsport still has a lot more leaves than we do here. I even saw a tree in the N slope of Bays Mt that still looked like it was a pale green. 

They are gone on top of Bays for sure.  One on my street is still pale green...as in my front yard.  The try and I are at odds.  LOL.  I hope the wind tonight strips that sucker bare.  

• Like 1

There are some maples in the Cool Springs area still full of bright red leaves.  
I also visited Warner Park in Nashville, TN on Saturday and there was plenty of yellow, countered by some patches green from the bushes on the forest floor. It was a pretty scene. Those of us in the lower elevations haven't entered deciduous winter yet by any means.

Would attach pics, but the file sizes are too large. I'll need to open a photo sharing account and share these with you.

My Jap maple and bloodgood still has leaves. My neighbors oak is half full.

The first day of meteorological winter IMBY.  Had a dusting on the ground.  Wind chills were in the teens for much of the day.  The mountains had near blizzard conditions.  Ski slopes have to be loving this.  No idea if it lasts, but what a great day for winter lovers across the eastern half of the state. That is how you start winter right there. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Some fun perpendicular wave clouds coming off of the Smokies and the Frozen Head mts today, crashing together over Morristown:

giphy.gif

I saw those clouds earlier and thought they were cool. I’ve seen them before in the winter months. Ironically it seems that maybe they coincide with times that we’ve either had snow on the ground or it was about to be? There was still a pretty good bit of snow in the shade around here this morning, but now only the most dense shade and a few eves and roofs in the shade have any left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John1122 said:

Ended up with .72 of rain from this system. The soaking continues. We are likely to experience another epic drought before long. Something will have to balance the three year barrage of rainfall here.

It was wet here in Lee County up until last Month. It was way below average here. Only 1.4 inches of rain ! Just.43" yesterday.  The last 3 systems have produced much less than forecasted. Snowfall fro the other day was more than models projected for the County.

• Like 2