Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter 20-21 General Observations

John1122

22 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

Rains have definitely increased IMBY.  It looks like spring here with all of the green. So far this is the antithesis of September last year.  Leaves should look awesome this year.  

Until that inevitable storm front comes through and blasts all the leaves off like an industrial mega-leaf blower 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, Greyhound said:

Until that inevitable storm front comes through and blasts all the leaves off like an industrial mega-leaf blower 

Hey, I actually like one big storm to take all of the leaves down!!!!  LOL.  I don't like getting nickel and dimed with leaf work.  I like seeing howlers come through and just strip every leaf.  

Whew!  It was warm yesterday.  Starting to get flashbacks of last September.  Looks like a cool down is on the way for the latter third of the month.   That said, we hit 90(or above) fourteen times last September.  We have hit it zero times so far during this September at TRI.  We may very well hit it today though, but still much improved!  Watching cross country runners fight the heat yesterday afternoon....glad I was a spectator and glad there was some shade on the course!!!  I have much respect for young people who can traverse a course in that heat and humidity.  

• Like 1

I made it down to 35 this morning. Had the first frost of the year. Seems like the last few years the cold arrived so late I would just skip a frost and go straight to a freeze by the time a good cold front arrived. Nice to see an early frost for a change. Leaves are changing rapidly too. There are a few entirely red and orange ones out there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...