Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

I was sad when Kevin was sad I was seeking relief-but maybe I misinterpreted it..  one thing I misread was the dosing- definitely overdid it but can’t say it wasn’t fun.  And my head is still quiet.

Did you suddenly feel the need to put on a reel to reel and crank some Santana?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Did you suddenly feel the need to put on a reel to reel and crank some Santana?

Lol...we were out for a walk and I was sure I saw 2 people with a dog out ahead but alas, it was 2 posts and a hydrant.  I feel like it’s so much easier to metabolize vs alcohol which I almost never have these days save for crown the night of 10/29...lol.

Another thing no one told me about....was eating lunch with our daughter and 12 year old nephew one day and he blurts out-“I really love it when it snows-everything changes and no matter what I feel happy.”   Wife and daughter have looks on their face staring at me with eyes wide open!  When his mom came I castigated her for never telling me!  So there’s another weenie in the muthufukking house here in Chicagoland!  I told him I’d put him on the text alert list for when snow comes so he can store up on sleep.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I had my doubts about him this year, but 19 straight including 2 game winners have proven me wrong

After his first couple horrible misses this year i thought he would be cut, But he's been very consistent since, Good thing because our QB sucks, Never cared for him.

42 minutes ago, dryslot said:

After his first couple horrible misses this year i thought he would be cut, But he's been very consistent since, Good thing because our QB sucks, Never cared for him.

He's worse than I thought he'd be, Cam that is, Folk is better than I thought. Could be 7-4 or 4-7 this year with a play here or there.

Just now, DavisStraight said:

He's worse than I thought he'd be, Cam that is, Folk is better than I thought. Could be 7-4 or 4-7 this year with a play here or there.

Cam is so inaccurate. Plus, their receiving core is atrocious, no TE.   Poor play calling by Josh.   Surprised they have won 5       

49 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Amazing photo Chris.  You can see the rabbit clearly

Thanks Dave! I was a little shocked to see the pictures when I got home.  No tripod, so I used the roof of the car and a book to prop the camera at the proper angle.  
I’ve got a few even crisper but haven’t processed or cropped them yet.

So now if kids or teachers test cov neg, they still have to quarantine for two weeks. Wth! That's not saying.much about the test accuracy. Why does it seem we're moving backwards with some of these policies? All weekend all I heard when the tv was on was msm bitching about the spike increase bound to happen since all "those" people who showed up at the airport are going to make this way worse. More talk about how you have to perfectly time a cov test to make sure you're truly neg, otherwise you better stay in your basement. Damned if you try to do the right thing and damned if you don't.

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

So now if kids or teachers test cov neg, they still have to quarantine for two weeks. Wth! That's not saying.much about the test accuracy. Why does it seem we're moving backwards with some of these policies? All weekend all I heard when the tv was on was msm bitching about the spike increase bound to happen since all "those" people who showed up at the airport are going to make this way worse. More talk about how you have to perfectly time a cov test to make sure you're truly neg, otherwise you better stay in your basement. Damned if you try to do the right thing and damned if you don't.

You know as well as I do that if you test negative one day, you won't test positive in subsequent days.  The best course of action if your exposed to someone who is known to be positive, is to quarantine yourself.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You know as well as I do that if you test negative one day, you won't test positive in subsequent days.  The best course of action if your exposed to someone who is known to be positive, is to quarantine yourself.

Yeah in theory, what if you got exposed that day in the morning, tested in the aftn...but was negative? I feel like you may not have enough load to test positive yet?

17 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That may make sense when you know for certain you've been near/exposed to someone who is positive. But what about instances like airport terminals where you'll never know if you've been exposed, but you get a test anyways and are neg and then go about your life. What I am questioning is in those instances where you test neg, despite being potentially exposed, are you supposed to shack up for 2 weeks? A lot of people were flooding to test centers early last week prior to traveling, presumably doing the right thing by making sure they were neg before going to grammy's house, realizing one can never be 100% certain of the test result. Now the media will chastise all of those travelers for doing what they thought was the right thing when/if cases spike. It's a no win situation

7 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

That may make sense when you know for certain you've been near/exposed to someone who is positive. But what about instances like airport terminals where you'll never know if you've been exposed, but you get a test anyways and are neg and then go about your life. What I am questioning is in those instances where you test neg, despite being potentially exposed, are you supposed to shack up for 2 weeks? A lot of people were flooding to test centers early last week prior to traveling, presumably doing the right thing by making sure they were neg before going to grammy's house, realizing one can never be 100% certain of the test result. Now the media will chastise all of those travelers for doing what they thought was the right thing when/if cases spike. It's a no win situation

They did the correct/right thing by being tested prior to traveling.  If people don't think they were exposed to the virus to some degree at these airport terminals, then they're naive.  They should be quarantining upon return though.  Maybe not for 2 weeks but I would be waiting several days and get a test to see if I had any level of virus.  The media is going to do what they want for viewership.  At some point we need to take accountability for our own actions to keep ourselves and others at a reduced risk of contracting and spreading the virus.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

They did the correct/right thing by being tested prior to traveling.  If people don't think they were exposed to the virus to some degree at these airport terminals, then they're naive.  They should be quarantining upon return though.  Maybe not for 2 weeks but I would be waiting several days and get a test to see if I had any level of virus.  The media is going to do what they want for viewership.  At some point we need to take accountability for our own actions to keep ourselves and others at a reduced risk of contracting and spreading the virus.

I wish my wife wasn't flying right now. She's heading back to logan tomorrow for her next 2 day trip. Sometimes she's only home a few days before she has to leave again. I feel like it's inevitable she's going to get it.

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Good to hear man.  Mild cases?

My sister and her family have been cleared.  Bad headaches and head colds were their main symptoms but have passed now.

Yes, He started having flu like symptoms on the 16th to the 19th, He was here at work as well,  He had lost his taste and smell on the 19th, His wife was two days behind him, I was in a vehicle with him on the 20th in the morning when both tested positive that afternoon, They went for another test on the 22nd to confirm and was positive again, The symptoms had lesson by the 21st for both and it was just getting there taste and smell back which was on Thanksgiving, He went for another test on the 27th and was negative, My daughter inlaw went yesterday and she was negative as well, So i'm just following the timeline for when i was exposed.

• Like 1

All 4 of our tests came back negative. We flew on Friday after the test, wore masks like we were supposed to, used a boat load of hand sanitizer and wiped everything down with Clorox wipes.  It's been 3 days and we all feel fine. 

We were all over Disney for 10 days, ate out in restaurants 3 meals a day, and were around a ton of people. We wore masks everywhere except to sit down and eat, and used gallons of hand sanitizer.

Flying was fine. 175 seat plane only had 50 people.