Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

13 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Nice, mine  is from Arkansas. Lit of southern dogs find good homes up north thanks to the work of a few good people. My brother just got one from Tennessee.

Yeah. We got him from a foster home in CT. This nice woman had 3 different foster puppies she was training for adoption. My wife went and met the puppy a few times before we got him. She was blown away on how much time this woman was sacrificing to get these dogs ready for good homes. Our new pup has been great and came already pretty much fully trained. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:
2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:
Astrazeneca F'd up With their trial and dosing. Gotta run another trial.  Moderna vaccine and Novovax are up 15-25% today on that news. 

They're getting punished for someone screwing up the full dose half dose regimen?

Pretty much.   Still might get approval across the pond but FDA maybe not

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 12:24 PM, WhitinsvilleWX said:

The newer Abbott one is pretty good. In my opinion, if you’re negative by that one, you’re either truly negative or haven’t got enough virus to be sick or contagious. 
The PCR test was the first one out and powers that be are stuck to it. Again in my opinion, the PCR test as interpreted now is junk. 
If we dont go to widespread rapid antigen testing on a weekly basis,  testing asymptomatic people by a PCR test that takes 1-4 days to get the results back is useless.

Companies require it since the state of Massachusetts mandates the PCR test. Otherwise, I don’t think Corporation X would care much which test you take.

We tested 16 of us Thanksgiving morning at an MD family friend’s office.  All negative.  Biggest gathering since a year ago.  Hopefully accurate amd no one gets sick...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BrianW said:

Yeah. We got him from a foster home in CT. This nice woman had 3 different foster puppies she was training for adoption. My wife went and met the puppy a few times before we got him. She was blown away on how much time this woman was sacrificing to get these dogs ready for good homes. Our new pup has been great and came already pretty much fully trained. 

Its what we do. Glad you found a great foster.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

We tested 16 of us Thanksgiving morning at an MD family friend’s office.  All negative.  Biggest gathering since a year ago.  Hopefully accurate amd no one gets sick...

We did our CVS drive thru test on Wednesday morning. Even though I think it’s garbage, we did the PCR test since the kids school and my work follows state guidelines. 
Interesting test. We sat in a taxi van and we relayed the confirmation numbers to the nurse at the window through the driver who’s first language was Hindi.

The test was a self administered nose swab. She handed the kits in bags to us through the window and watched us do the swab and put the swab into the little vial. We then handed the zip lock bags back to the driver who passed them thru the window. The driver said he’s taken a quite a few Disney guests to that location. 
CVS said 3-5 days. Today us just day 2. 
I have an app on my phone we can check to get the results.

Just went into the local dispensary (legal in IL too) to see if I could get something to quiet my essential head tremor.  Sub lingual 20:1 CBD/THC does the trick amazingly with no real psychoactive effects!  No longer being a fed has freed me-picked up some gummies too!

• Like 14
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Just went into the local dispensary (legal in IL too) to see if I could get something to quiet my essential head tremor.  Sub lingual 20:1 CBD/THC does the trick amazingly with no real psychoactive effects!  No longer being a fed has freed me-picked up some gummies too!

When my uncle was on his last few months with terminal cancer he said the CBD/THC combo was the only thing that made him feel good. He got extremely sick from every synthetic prescribtion drug the doctors were giving him. The doctor who suggested he tried it said the feedback was overwhelming that the thc/cbd medication worked way better.

Enjoy the gummies! 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, weathafella said:

Hard to believe someone could be sad over this post, when someone finds relief they need.  Nice work Jer.

• Like 1

I see Vermont is on Massachusetts quarantine list now. Hawaii is all that’s left.

If I’m not mistaken, there are other states that have lower percentages than Massachusetts. At this point these 2 week quarantine orders or negative test are ridiculous. There aren’t too many states left with those orders in place. And the few that do say it’s voluntary. I think maybe Maine and Vermont have a mandatory and/or penalty associated with it. Things change so fast I can’t keep up. But all these states need to do away with it. It’s not helping anything that I can see and it just costs people money to test.

4 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I see Vermont is on Massachusetts quarantine list now. Hawaii is all that’s left.

If I’m not mistaken, there are other states that have lower percentages than Massachusetts. At this point these 2 week quarantine orders or negative test are ridiculous. There aren’t too many states left with those orders in place. And the few that do say it’s voluntary. I think maybe Maine and Vermont have a mandatory and/or penalty associated with it. Things change so fast I can’t keep up. But all these states need to do away with it. It’s not helping anything that I can see and it just costs people money to test.

New York and Mass have financial penalties associated with them I think.  Mass is $500 per day that you don’t quarantine after travel.  New York’s is worse I think.  Vermont doesn’t have a penalty and that’s been the issue all along.  Like trying to set a speed limit on a highway but with no penalty if you go over the limit.