Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

63 and 1.2 of rain this morning here in Branford on the shoreline. Dandelions are popping up all over my lawn and stuff is coming back up in my flower beds. 

@Ginx snewx The wife and I just adopted this 6 month old guy and got him last night. He was loving the weather today. He was a rescue from Georgia.

Screenshot-20201126-172342-Gallery.jpg

Nice, mine  is from Arkansas. Lit of southern dogs find good homes up north thanks to the work of a few good people. My brother just got one from Tennessee.

Hey everyone!  I may not always say much, but I am on here quite a bit......just reading through.  Can someone please enlighten me on this.....I've seen "the pig" referenced several times.  I get that if the "the pig returns" it means we aren't getting snow or cold.  But, can someone please tell more specifically what pattern that "the pig" refers to?  I'm just curious.  

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Had a small gathering with 8 family members... doors and windows wide open. Lasted a few hours. Gone now.... down from 25ish we have normally.

We had 9 people and had to open the windows too, its unseasonably warm and you get a bunch of people together and the house gets warm quick.

4 minutes ago, CTSkywarn said:

Hey everyone!  I may not always say much, but I am on here quite a bit......just reading through.  Can someone please enlighten me on this.....I've seen "the pig" referenced several times.  I get that if the "the pig returns" it means we aren't getting snow or cold.  But, can someone please tell more specifically what pattern that "the pig" refers to?  I'm just curious.  

Permanent upper air low centered over Alaska forces downstream ridge here and keeps cold bottled in Canada 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CTSkywarn said:

I am new here too and it is not always easy to pick up on the lingo and inside jokes. My advice? Reach out to @Damage In Tolland for guidance and advice. The guy is a natural-born teacher who lives to patiently help the newbies understand the climo in New England especially the kind of idyllic, calm, sunny, low-damage weather you guys enjoy in CT. I’m told he lives on a mountain so that means he’s gotta be pretty wise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I am new here too and it is not always easy to pick up on the lingo and inside jokes. My advice? Reach out to @Damage In Tolland for guidance and advice. The guy is a natural-born teacher who lives to patiently help the newbies understand the climo in New England especially the kind of idyllic, calm, sunny, low-damage weather you guys enjoy in CT. I’m told he lives on a mountain so that means he’s gotta be pretty wise. 

He’ll teach you how to install 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Mixed with the mashed potatoes and stuffing. It’s amazing. I am a food mixer on the plate which I have heard triggers some people badly. LOL

I know people who can’t stand when foods touch, never mind mixing.   Lol.  

I did miss my brother in laws cranberry sauce today. Homemade with whiskey 

• Like 1