Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

What's the stuff on the right between the cheese and nachos?

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Olives in brown colored liquid :yikes:

56 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It looks like an olive purée. I can’t stand olives but I’ve seen people put that on bread or crackers before. 

Tapenade

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mreaves said:

I’ve always had an intense hatred for Spectrum, since way before they were called that. Having said that, their internet service has been pretty damn good. We have 3 of us online all day doing work and school, plus my son does a lot of gaming after he’s done with school and there have been very few issues. Of course for cable and internet it’s $170 a month and I hate that but I can lower that some more by getting rid of one of the boxes and DVR capabilities. 

Just have one box and run the spectrum app off your other tvs. 

10 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

What's the stuff on the right between the cheese and nachos?

9 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

It looks like an olive purée. I can’t stand olives but I’ve seen people put that on bread or crackers before. 

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Olives in brown colored liquid :yikes:

22 minutes ago, klw said:

Are those Nachos?  They look like artichokes to me.  (to the right of the green olives) 

I see no Nachos.

Artichoke hearts

Pepperoni

Spanish olives

Black olives

Roasted peppers

Cheese

Eggplant Caponata

• Like 1

13 hours ago, radarman said:

Once gen z figures out you can't play video games on starlink it'll be a bunch of betamaxes in orbit

They just sent a few test satellites up that use lasers for communications. It's actually superior to any ground based fiber optics. 

The single biggest draw of laser interlinks is arguably the major reduction in connection latency (ping) they can enable compared to a similar network without it. By moving a great deal of the work of networking into orbit, the data transported on an interlinked satellite network would theoretically require much less routing to reach an end-user, physically shortening the distance that data has to travel. The speed of light (300,000 kilometers per second) may be immense but even on the small scale of the planet Earth, with the added inefficiencies inherent in even the best fiber optic cables, routing data to and from opposite ends of the planet can still be slowed down by high latency.

We have spectrum here. I hate them. They gave an antiquated system of using a tuning adaptor that calls for channels that aren’t being used on a particular node. Their bandwidth is too small to push every frequency so they hold back some channels until they’re called for. If you have a box, it’s not an issue. But we have TiVos, 3 of them, and they all require the stupid tuning adapter. We have to reboot it at lest 3 times a week and it craps the bed invariably at a time we are recording something 
Wow that blows. I get annoyed if I have to reboot tivo once a month

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I thought this was funny. And true. :lol: 

337E372B-24E2-4C6E-BD08-85F8FDA1D18D.jpeg

I always compared my parenting to my golf game, occasionally, I’m really on my game and break 80. Other days, it’s like my game has deserted me and I struggle to break 100. Most days it’s somewhere in between. 

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I always compared my parenting to my golf game, occasionally, I’m really on my game and break 80. Other days, it’s like my game has deserted me and I struggle to break 100. Most days it’s somewhere in between. 

It’s true. It’s been challenging the last year for sure. Just got to remember patience. 

On my menu for today 

Cheese and cracker assortment, stuffed mushrooms

Roast turkey and gravy. Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, sage stuffing, cranberry sauce, garlic knots, butternut squash

Homemade apple pie, homemade chocolate cream pie

Beer, wine, sparkling grape juice. 

Just the 5 of us.  No travel.  

Enjoy the day.  I am thankful for much 

• Like 1