Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, Brian5671 said:

that would still preclude many events from behing able to open, broadway, concerts, sporting events  etc

At full capacity. Like why can't Gillette open at 50% capacity? Someone has to be smart enough to develop a ticket sales algorithm that sells seats in a socially distant nature based on purchases.

9 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

At full capacity. Like why can't Gillette open at 50% capacity? Someone has to be smart enough to develop a ticket sales algorithm that sells seats in a socially distant nature based on purchases.

Those venues can’t open in Massachusetts until phase 4. Phase 4 is “treatments or a vaccine” according to Bakers’ phased reopening plan. 

I see where RI is going on a 2 week “pause”. 33% capacity on indoor dining, gyms closed, no youth sports. She also said the following”

"If Rhode Island cooperates and complies for two weeks….We have a real shot to temper the rise which would allow us to limit the pause to just two weeks," Raimondo said. "If we don't, then I will have to go back to a total lockdown."

Not sure what complies and cooperates mean. From what I gather, RI is really mask compliment. I’m not sure how much more mask and distancing compliment the general population can get up here. 

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Those venues can’t open in Massachusetts until phase 4. Phase 4 is “treatments or a vaccine” according to Bakers’ phased reopening plan. 

I see where RI is going on a 2 week “pause”. 33% capacity on indoor dining, gyms closed, no youth sports. She also said the following”

"If Rhode Island cooperates and complies for two weeks….We have a real shot to temper the rise which would allow us to limit the pause to just two weeks," Raimondo said. "If we don't, then I will have to go back to a total lockdown."

Not sure what complies and cooperates mean. From what I gather, RI is really mask compliment. I’m not sure how much more mask and distancing compliment the general population can get up here. 

Stop gathering amongst friends and family would be my guess. Mask wearing up here in New Hampshire is ~99% in a public space. Yet cases are sky rocketing. 

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

That’s all I could think of

How is the trip so far?

So far so good. 35% capacity. There’s people, but I dont feel like I’m packed in like sardines. 
rides are half empty to accommodate distancing. A lot of the que’s have plexiglass between the switch backs.

All the quick serves are touchless and pre order. That should stay that way forever. 
The 8-9 hours in a mask is the most difficult part. Hard for me to get used to it since I have a private office at work and don’t wear one unless I’m in the lab. But you know you have to wear one going in so it’s not too bad. It’s only mid 70’s to so that helps. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

For people who want to open everything up. IF the scenario was: "Open everything. But masks and social distancing are mandatory" would that be ok?

I've come around on this. I think I'm now team open everything with mandatory mask and social distancing requirements. At least until the vaccine is widely available to >80% of population or something. Note: I said available, not 80% stuck with the needle.

I'll gladly wait on the vaccine. I'm perfectly happy wearing my mask and social distancing.

Social distancing should be the rule going forward, forever. I like my personal space. I don’t need people all up on me at checkout lines, gatherings, etc...oh social distancing on the roads too, 6 car lengths. Relax, you’ll get to your destination...back off my tail. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Social distancing should be the rule going forward, forever. I like my personal space. I don’t need people all up on me at checkout lines, gatherings, etc...oh social distancing on the roads too, 6 car lengths. Relax, you’ll get to your destination...back off my tail. 

Ha!  There are some things I like-having a reservation for things you could previously never get a reservation for.

My brothers girlfriend tested positive today, she works as a dental assistant and was exposed at work, and got it. My brother is awaiting results, but since they live together, we are assuming he has it to.

He has no symptoms, her only symptom is loss of taste.

Pretty curious how she was exposed at a dental office, when I went to mine, they were decked out head to toe in gear.

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Good thought and understandable. In the urban environment the Gowanus and Cross Bx expressways, even off peak, are more like automotive conga lines. As always ....

40 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My brothers girlfriend tested positive today, she works as a dental assistant and was exposed at work, and got it. My brother is awaiting results, but since they live together, we are assuming he has it to.

He has no symptoms, her only symptom is loss of taste.

Pretty curious how she was exposed at a dental office, when I went to mine, they were decked out head to toe in gear.

My dentist has this weird hepa vacuum filter on an arm that hangs right next to your head. 

As a teacher, I'm disappointed by folks who say I'll have parties if I want to. When someone in the school tests positive anyone whonhas been in close contact is sent home. Even if there are no cases spread apart from the one person who is positive,  contacts are sent home as well. Schools in my neck of the woods that are closing are mostly doing it because too many staff members can't come in. One positive case case can send several staff members home. If people want to see schools stay open, they have to realize their personal choices affect others.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

She is just throwing crap against the wall to see if it sticks. She's to scared to lock down RI again because she knows the consequences. 

If she was gonna do it, she would of done it now.

• Like 1

I can tell you that when I went to Nashua about a week and a half ago, social distancing was pretty much a pipe dream in stores. When people were waiting in line, the carts enforced some spacing but other than that, it was business as normal but with masks. And I do understand, the viral load that I'd probably get from the guy who just has to pick out cheese just when I am is probably super small. As a marker for a "everything is normal but you have to wear a mask" thought pattern, I think it's probably about right. There's an old saw about economic downturns: If you lose your job, it's a recession. If I lose my job, it's a depression. And at this point, I suspect that there's a lot of people who are just not personally seeing it and so are feeling like it's not a big deal.

And yes, I think that we're going to see some eye opening case numbers in December. The CDC advising people not to travel for Thanksgiving now is a late to the party. People have already made their plans.