• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Just like much higher numbers were telegraphed in US Covid data couple weeks again it’s now clear and good news that 

Germany

Spain 

UK

France

All above  countries are now on a clear downswing of their second wave Peak)

Italy appears to have peaked last week as well 

How much lower from the peak they can trend and for how long will be interesting to follow given winter upon us ,

Do they go down another 25% or plateau soon At a relatively high level and head up again 

My mother was admitted to the hospital as a probable Covid patient on Friday - did not get test results until Monday, she was positive.  She is still hospitalized but improving.  She was as protected as she could be (only a couple of family members were in and out of her house and she does not drive or leaving her house except for a couple of doctor's appointments) and somehow it still got to her.

• Sad 2

On 11/15/2020 at 4:20 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My wife usually wants to do it the weekend after Halloween but in the end we generally wait until around thanksgiving. I gave in this year because why not? Nothing wrong with a little holiday cheer earlier than usual 

Every house on the street with kids has lights on the house and light up forest animals in the yard. And pumpkins still on the steps. :lol:

58 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Just like much higher numbers were telegraphed in US Covid data couple weeks again it’s now clear and good news that 

Germany

Spain 

UK

France

All above  countries are now on a clear downswing of their second wave Peak)

Italy appears to have peaked last week as well 

How much lower from the peak they can trend and for how long will be interesting to follow given winter upon us ,

Do they go down another 25% or plateau soon At a relatively high level and head up again 

The two questions with that would be 1) has anything changed with their testing rates and 2) how do the restrictions imposed there compare to the US

26 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The two questions with that would be 1) has anything changed with their testing rates and 2) how do the restrictions imposed there compare to the US

I was trying to generate discussion just like this

I had read the UK was already seeing signs of a peak (lowered transmission rates I believe ) right Before the lockdowns began , I don’t have much else to add as I’m not aware of the attitudes of folks in those countries or their governments measures , thou I recall reading that Spain measures were sort of Draconian in a Wall Street chart comparing the different levels of shutdowns and restrictions in all countries.

48 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I had read the UK was already seeing signs of a peak (lowered transmission rates I believe ) right Before the lockdowns began , I don’t have much else to add as I’m not aware of the attitudes of folks in those countries or their governments measures , thou I recall reading that Spain measures were sort of Draconian in a Wall Street chart comparing the different levels of shutdowns and restrictions in all countries.

I can’t find it now but I read that Great Britain had a bump up from pre-lockdown parties. 

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I wouldn’t ever take the vaccine . Just like the flu shot. No thanks. But I do sell a lot of it interestingly enough 

No flu shot?   Why?   Doesn’t make a lot of sense if you interact with more vulnerable people.  Also, most medical personnel are required to be vaccinated.  

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

No flu shot?   Why?   Doesn’t make a lot of sense if you interact with more vulnerable people.  Also, most medical personnel are required to be vaccinated.  

Because you still get sick with the flu shot.. and there’s been years when it misses the strand . No one in my immediate family gets it. It’s not necessary. That said, if folks feel they need it, by all means they should 

7 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The UK Zoe covid symptom tracker app peaked on November 4th with 608k active infections. The second UK-wide lockdown was put into place on November 5th. However, Wales had a circuit breaker more severe lockdown between October 23rd and November 9th. There was some disagreement between two groups of researchers on how fast the infections in the UK were ramping up over the past month or two. 

https://covid.joinzoe.com/data

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health/coronavirus/what-is-a-circuit-breaker-lockdown-and-should-canada-consider-one-1.5175362

Screenshot_20201118-080312_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I wouldn’t ever take the vaccine . Just like the flu shot. No thanks. But I do sell a lot of it interestingly enough 

lol, have you considered being a securities analyst on Wall Street? Flogging stuff to the masses you wouldn't touch yourself is central to the job, and you can make a solid seven figures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1