Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, correnjim1 said:

where did i say it was fake...stay in the basement and keep your mask on

We know damn well what you're implying. This is part of the problem. Because it hasn't affected you personally you need to find a way to act like its not a big deal. Infections hospitalizations and deaths are rapidly increasing now whether you believe it nor not. 

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

We know damn well what you're implying. This is part of the problem. Because it hasn't affected you personally you need to find a way to act like its not a big deal. Infections hospitalizations and deaths are rapidly increasing now whether you believe it nor not. 

did you see that in your crystal ball what i was implying.....just cause you don't like the fact that myself and my 200 co-workers haven't been effected i should just keep my opinion to myself cause it will hurt your little feelings...people like you will keep this going for years

did you see that in your crystal ball what i was implying.....just cause you don't like the fact that myself and my 200 co-workers haven't been effected i should just keep my opinion to myself cause it will hurt your little feelings...people like you will keep this going for years

I'm glad you haven't been affected personally, Jim. I think things will be close to normal by next fall because of the vaccine. 

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Dude,  calm the fook down. I dont have time to write a war and peace post every time. Sure I think a vaccine is great. I never said do nothing. My point was that you really can’t mask and lock down your way out of this. 
You’re obviously triggered. 
Again, have a good evening. I’m going to the happiest place on earth tomorrow for 10 days. You need to chill and relax too.

I will.  Thank you for clarifying.  We know a mask and lock down aren’t the panacea but measures need to be taken similar to what we did in the Spring into early summer for a couple months to take the heat off this current surge till we can get these vaccines into circulation.  It’s getting ugly and the numbers by all measures show this.  We saw the writing on the wall as states began to open things up to test the waters.  Governing isn’t pretty but we need to protect our citizens.  And no, I’m not saying shutting it all down.  Somewhere in between is where we need to be.

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

I'm glad you haven't been affected personally, Jim. I think things will be close to normal by next fall because of the vaccine. 

I think things will be close to normal by next fall because of the vaccine....i hope you're right but from now till then we can't keep shutting things down

After going months since hearing of any friends/coworkers etc, it seems to be really taking off in my life.  In the last week I know of at least a dozen people who either have it or have recently had it.  
plus numerous students of mine have had it or have immediate family members they live with have it or have recently had it. 

Starting to get out of control. 

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

After going months since hearing of any friends/coworkers etc, it seems to be really taking off in my life.  In the last week I know of at least a dozen people who either have it or have recently had it.  
plus numerous students of mine have had it or have immediate family members they live with have it or have recently had it. 

Same here.  People close to my wife and clients of mine have had it and currently do.

Yes, definitely know some more people personally now with it than in the spring, when I didn't know anyone with the virus. Still don't personally know anyone who had more than a very mild infection, mostly loss of taste/smell level stuff. 

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

How many ended up in the hospital Dave? 

I think things will be close to normal by next fall because of the vaccine....i hope you're right but from now till then we can't keep shutting things down

Between the vaccine, natural immunity, and hopefully better hygiene and cleaning methods I would expect this.  Some things might have to shut down. Very targeted though.  
Over the weekend my school district announced that after this week we would be moving from hybrid to full remote for 2 weeks.  Not that big a deal since the two days before Thanksgiving would be remote anyway. 

I would not be shocked if they extend it through December 

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

Well there hasn't been something this bad in a 100 years so maybe we have a little while.

I wonder how we will handle a bad flu season going forward. I do sincerely hope the government doesn't make all these restrictions " part of the normal response" to such things... that's something I am really worried about. 

14 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Today's death toll looks like it will be 1572.   (Johns Hopkins site).    That will be the highest since Mid May.  (There was one day Aug 1rst it jumped to 1800, not sure why).  So deaths are starting to tick up for sure.  As I have stated on this board my brother is a doctor in the DC area that treats Covid patients and is on his hospitals Covid Committee and also advises for the State of Virginia.  He says deaths are way down as compared to the spring because hospitals know so much more about Covid and how to treat very ill patients.  He feels the next couple of months are going to be devastating but then with the 2 vaccines coming out Covid will basically be a thing of the past in the US by this summer.  His hospital (Inova Fairfax, 1100 beds) expects to have all its medical staff vaccinated by Christmas.  

Edit   1603 today

There’s a huge outbreak in town here .. particularly at the high school. Friends of daughters have it, couple of their fathers. There’s mass quarantining with half the varsity soccer team No one is very sick or anything close to it. You need to get it and then move on with life. Keep the olds inside and away from harms way , follow simple precautions and it’ll be over . As long as the olds are protected. Life can go on fairly normal. There’s no reason to be scared 

1 minute ago, correnjim1 said:

It’s mentally taxing for everybody.  Franklin county has only had 550 cases since April.  That is a .007 known infection rate of our population spread over almost 700 mi.² spanning 6 months.  we have more lime disease here than that.  I have had a doctor and two nurse practitioners express frustration to me about it. 
There are days when I am very thankful that we haven’t really had to deal with it outside of the restrictions but there are days when I am just so sad and fed up that our kids are not in school and businesses are closed.  
We are all emotionally exhausted at this point. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Ive known a few that had it. They said it wasn’t too bad.

My company did a test/pilot testing program of 300 people on site. They tested all 300 once a week for 4 weeks. That’s 1200 total test. Not one positive. I’m not really sure it’s coming out of work places. Then again, we’re 100% masked unless in a private office, 25% floor capacity, and I have limited occupancy in the lab where we can distance. I really think the distancing and the hand hygiene is more key then the masks. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

A few.  No kids that I know of. One teacher (since recovered) in my building. A couple of parents/guardians. So far nothing very serious.  Mostly one to three day stays. 

Excellent news.  1 person I know has had it and she died in March in Hartford with multiple comorbities. This is an interesting study. Oh yea I think Bob needs beer.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2029717

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Excellent news.  1 person I know has had it and she died in March in Hartford with multiple comorbities. This is an interesting study. Oh yea I think Bob needs beer.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2029717

Obesity has emerged as the number 1 risk factor, I think. No wonder America is getting hammered. Also a lot of diabetics here.