Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

The hardest part is general anesthesia.  When I had my parotid tumor removed 3 years ago it took my brain 2 months to feel normal.

56 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well that doesn’t make me feel good lol.

Big Scooter snow forecasts coming after Christmas. 

• Like 1

The hardest part is general anesthesia.  When I had my parotid tumor removed 3 years ago it took my brain 2 months to feel normal.

That's odd, to me anyway.  I've never had that feeling for more than a few minutes after regaining consciousness, though maybe it was because my general stupor preventing me from noticing it.  :)

24 minutes ago, tamarack said:

That's odd, to me anyway.  I've never had that feeling for more than a few minutes after regaining consciousness, though maybe it was because my general stupor preventing me from noticing it.  :)

I was sort of tongue in cheek.  But the reality is I went back to work after 1.5 weeks.  I actually felt ok but tired and draggy until January (procedure was 11/2/2017).  

5 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Threw mine up when it was 70 degrees. I'm not one to go from Halloween to Christmas, but we did this year.

My wife usually wants to do it the weekend after Halloween but in the end we generally wait until around thanksgiving. I gave in this year because why not? Nothing wrong with a little holiday cheer earlier than usual 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 10:18 PM, forkyfork said:

like any of them would admit to it being a mistake

My great grandmother had my grandmother at age 48 in 1913. My great grandmother kicked her husband out of the house after my grandmother was born as he wasn't good for much.  My grandmother's siblings were all obviously much older (16-28).   My great grandmother and grandmother did just fine.

No mistake 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 512high said:

Scott , I'm 57, had it done 9 year ago, piece of cake, you will be stiff for a few days, but they had me taking short walks etc.anyways good luck........ Anthesia , no issues, best rest , wish I could sleep like that every night!

Its a piece of cake, I had it done on a thursday and worked friday, was sore and walked slowly but its a quick recovery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

One suggestion - have a pillow handy to apply some pressure to the area just in case you need to sneeze or cough.  

I learned the hard way - sneezed without putting pressure on it and holy crap did that hurt.  Next time with pillow - not a big deal.

In general, the anticipation of the surgery was worst than the actual surgery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I had it done over 20 years ago. It was considered ambulatory and I was discharged the same day. A Canadian synthetic patch was used. No problems with anesthesia other than the fact that I woke up near the end of the procedure. It must have been no more than twilight. Like Fella says no real issues. I was back to work in a week. No recurrence ever. As always ....

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

But I do like to lift things up and put them down. Will be awhile for that.  :lol: 

I tried that yesterday for the first time in awhile and slightly tweaked my back. Later in the afternoon I pulled it worse than ever just walking to the coop. Heavy, heavy pain, but no pain relievers yet. I strangely feel better walking around in the yard trying to do stuff today, but as soon as I relax inside it's back to 8/10 pain. I guess the blood flow helps. :oldman:

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Walking into PF right now 

Also Cranxywxguy has retired from twitter

I really enjoyed his medium term outlooks And pattern recognition in the 2-4 week period . Didn’t use him for the short term stuff .

Lol what does that even mean? He’s butthurt and not posting anymore?

Did Twitter give him a proper send off?

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol what does that even mean? He’s butthurt and not posting anymore?

Did Twitter give him a proper send off?

Was he controversial on twitter , I have no clue other than checking for his pattern recognition stuff every 2 weeks . Never saw any other non weather stuff 

Maybe he is leaving like DIT leaves ? But I assume it’s permanent 

I was sort of tongue in cheek.  But the reality is I went back to work after 1.5 weeks.  I actually felt ok but tired and draggy until January (procedure was 11/2/2017).  

well you are 10 years older than dirt....lol sorry Jerry