Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I made a math error. Its 21% from this data here.  

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

Ok that is closer to what I was figuring. Big jump over age 54, as expected. 

This virus just isn’t a major risk to healthy adults until you hit 55+ and have major underlying health issues. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

23 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Lol

yes. Week from today

waits aren’t bad.  Thanksgiving is slow anyway. There’s an app that gives you wait time and nothing’s over 30 minutes generally. 
But the hotels at t giving any discounts let me tell you. Beach club villas are as outrageous ever. 

Do you use the Lines app?  The guy that runs that (Len Testa) is awesome

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I know you’re just trolling, but yes, towards the end of 21, early 22. Mask mandates will begin to ease. 

That’s about right. Vaccine or no vaccine, respiratory virus epidemics generally last about 18-20 months. 
Swine flu lasted about that long. 60 million Americans were infected but nobody cared because the death rate was low. Older people didn’t get it because they had some immunity from previous virus’ that were similar. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

The goal of lockdowns needs to remain focused on preventing excess deaths from overwhelmed hospitals. At some point, the public came to believe the purpose of lockdowns should be to “beat” COVID or prevent deaths from it. That was not the original purpose. The messaging on this is hopelessly confused now. 

Ya...."flatten the curve" went to smash the curve to bits and make it 0.0000000 

30 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Do you use the Lines app?  The guy that runs that (Len Testa) is awesome

No. I just use the Disney app. I know it’s put out by Disney and could be rigged, but I’ve found when I’m down there in an actual line it’s pretty accurate.

One day we’re doing a private tour. All 4 parks, 8 hours. They take you in the rides the back way and you get right on. No waiting. 
You can basically do the biggies at each park in the 8 hours. They move you from park to park in a private van. Should be pretty cool. It better be for the price. 

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

No. I just use the Disney app. I know it’s put out by Disney and could be rigged, but I’ve found when I’m down there in an actual line it’s pretty accurate.

One day we’re doing a private tour. All 4 parks, 8 hours. They take you in the rides the back way and you get right on. No waiting. 
You can basically do the biggies at each park in the 8 hours. They move you from park to park in a private van. Should be pretty cool. It better be for the price. 

Yeah. Those are expensive but you can really get the big ones knocked out quickly. I do recommend that app though. The Disney numbers run a bit high compared to reality     I’m guessing that is to make you feel better.  “The wait was supposed to be 60 minutes but we got through in 40.” That kind of thing

Amy good dining plans besides Brown Derby?  

12 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Amy good dining plans besides Brown Derby?  

Wife handle all that!

I know we’re doing LaCellier, Mexico, Morraco, and Norway at Epcot. I think one night we’re at California grill at the Contemporary.  
The problem with this trip is that there is no park hopper. You’re stuck eating dinner at the park you have reservations for on a particular  day. The original plan this trip was to do dinner at Epcot most nights, but without a park hopper that’s impossible. The Beach club is right there at the back entrance so it was easy to do. 

We wanted to do Tusker House but they’re  closed still so Yak and Yetti it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Wife handle all that!

I know we’re doing LaCellier, Mexico, Morraco, and Norway at Epcot. I think one night we’re at California grill at the Contemporary.  
The problem with this trip is that there is no park hopper. You’re stuck eating dinner at the park you have reservations for on a particular  day. The original plan this trip was to do dinner at Epcot most nights, but without a park hopper that’s impossible. The Beach club is right there at the back entrance so it was easy to do. 

We wanted to do Tusker House but they’re  closed still so Yak and Yetti it is.

Cali Grill was one of my top dinners I have ever eaten. Beach Club is a great location for Epcot and the Studios. We have not stayed at the Villas there but in the main hotel. Tusker is meh so not missing much. I would go over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and do Boma or Jiko instead.   Or in Animal Kingdom itself Tiffins was very good a couple of years ago.  And Satuli Canteen is fun

6 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I'm more convinced than ever that the Disney cult is real. Almost all of the Disney people I know have already been back since the pandemic started..lol. my God

My brother went back in August.  He said it was ok.  Different.   He goes twice per year generally. We enjoy it but out of our budget now, plus I don’t want to fly

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Cali Grill was one of my top dinners I have ever eaten. Beach Club is a great location for Epcot and the Studios. We have not stayed at the Villas there but in the main hotel. Tusker is meh so not missing much. I would go over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and do Boma or Jiko instead.   Or in Animal Kingdom itself Tiffins was very good a couple of years ago.  And Satuli Canteen is fun

I think we’re doing Tiffins for lunch one day. We’re in AK 2 days. 
Cali grill is awesome! Really good steak. Top 2-3 for sure. Only better might be the filet at Ceasar’s in Tahoe. It’s a close second anyway. 

17 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Check out Illinois

I’m here.  My FIL is at end of life.  That’s why we’re here.  Every time he requires something only a hospital could do acutely, he worries about being admitted.  My answer is don’t worry-they need all the beds they can have.  It’s a shit show here...   

That said, it does have a vibe of normality.   We’re staying with my wife’s sister and family-lots of room and both of us with negative tests before arriving.  My sister in laws bday is Saturday and she’s expecting to have an outdoor gathering Sunday with expected temperatures in the 50s.   Hopefully my FIL will still be here but no way could he tolerate 50s in his current condition.  Doubtful this comes off.  Sad times in the family.   We want to get our daughter here but it may not work out with the pandemic going wild and her caregiving job in VT for which she’d most assuredly need to quarantine for upon her return.   

• Sad 7

9 hours ago, weathafella said:

I’m here.  My FIL is at end of life.  That’s why we’re here.  Every time he requires something only a hospital could do acutely, he worries about being admitted.  My answer is don’t worry-they need all the beds they can have.  It’s a shit show here...   

That said, it does have a vibe of normality.   We’re staying with my wife’s sister and family-lots of room and both of us with negative tests before arriving.  My sister in laws bday is Saturday and she’s expecting to have an outdoor gathering Sunday with expected temperatures in the 50s.   Hopefully my FIL will still be here but no way could he tolerate 50s in his current condition.  Doubtful this comes off.  Sad times in the family.   We want to get our daughter here but it may not work out with the pandemic going wild and her caregiving job in VT for which she’d most assuredly need to quarantine for upon her return.   

That suck Jerry.  My FIL is the same.  He's going on 8mo now since being diagnosed with a glioblastoma.  We're in a holding pattern until the chemo stops working or he has some sort of stroke/aneurysm due to the swelling in his brain. We're planning on Thanksgiving in CT for a small gathering.

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That suck Jerry.  My FIL is the same.  He's going on 8mo now since being diagnosed with a glioblastoma.  We're in a holding pattern until the chemo stops working or he has some sort of stroke/aneurysm due to the swelling in his brain. We're planning on Thanksgiving in CT for a small gathering.

Sorry to hear, Bob.  Cherish the time you can still have with him