Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I blow everything into the woods. That’s why I could never live with no woods.  If I ever had ti bag leaves , I would lose it. Can’t think of a worse chore .

Bagging leaves is up there on top 5 worst chores you can possibly do.  Blow or rake into the woods all day long.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Bagging leaves is up there on top 5 worst chores you can possibly do.  Blow or rake into the woods all day long.

What’s this blowing, raking and bagging??

My Brazilian landscapers do a great job. I go to work one morning and when I get home my leaves are raked, perennials are cut, beds are raked shrubs are trimmed, grass gets a last mow and string trim, and I have a bourbon.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

My Brazilian landscapers do a great job. I go to work one morning and when I get home my leaves are raked, perennials are cut, beds are raked shrubs are trimmed, grass gets a last mow and string trim, and I have a bourbon.

Me too know, I can make more money working on Saturday than I save paying for the kids to clean up. I help the economy.

18 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Longmeadow and Worcester are the only two I know of, but like Kevin said, if it snows early they sit and rot and make a freaking mess.

I know CON does that up here.

I just wait it out as long as I can and let the wind blow them to the edges of the yard. Then I get out there before the first snow or late season wet stretch and finish them off with the blowing. Then I mow everything short and just mulch in the few stragglers leftover.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Do the Brazilians wax?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Poo poo the quake all you want... but what is that, a 1/50 1/75 year or more return rate here?

It might be more frequent than that for the region. For you to be very close to a quake like that probably similar to those numbers. This was the 4th quake or so that I've felt. Each one had a similar feeling and sound. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It might be more frequent than that for the region. For you to be very close to a quake like that probably similar to those numbers. This was the 4th quake or so that I've felt. Each one had a similar feeling and sound. 

Definitely a very distinct sound and feel. We felt a tiny bit down this way from the one in Maine in 2012. This was obviously much closer to us, so felt much stronger 

Nobody  has mentioned the gigantic COVID vaccine news of Pfizer saying they have 90% efficiacy.  That is game changer. 

They are going for Emergency use ASAP

One fly in ointment is that the board reviewing data so favorably is Pfizers own Board , not the independent advisory board the Fda uses.  

Still thou, this is story of the day ...and sort of the election..

• Like 4
  • Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nobody  has mentioned the gigantic COVID vaccine news of Pfizer saying they have 90% efficiacy.  That is game changer. 

They are going for Emergency use ASAP

One fly in ointment is that the board reviewing data so favorably is Pfizers own Board , not the independent advisory board the Fda uses.  

Still thou, this is story of the day ...and sort of the election..

Let's hope this pans out.  

https://www.cbs.com/shows/60_minutes/video/g5eZaC1o4AnUoONvOipkgVpCEM8FukNF/operation-warp-speed-planning-the-distribution-of-a-future-covid-19-vaccine/