Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

6 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Toradol fixed me up.

I was on a gurney in the hallway at St V’s in Worcester. Height of the spring surge and all the ER rooms were reserved for virus patients. Only 2 in the whole ER when I was there, but I spent 6 hours parked in the hallway back there. I was a puddle just either hoping I’d pass away or pass out. The pain was unbearable. They asked me to rate it on a 1-10 scale. I said about 100.

I had one last spring, spent 10 hours at the ER, most of it waiting for something to help with pain.  Im not sure what they gave me but it helped for a few hours. I ended up getting it zapped, after I got one zapped I passed 12 one being 10mm, that one hurt coming out but it was better than day surgery to get it zapped. 

25 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Toradol fixed me up.

I was on a gurney in the hallway at St V’s in Worcester. Height of the spring surge and all the ER rooms were reserved for virus patients. Only 2 in the whole ER when I was there, but I spent 6 hours parked in the hallway back there. I was a puddle just either hoping I’d pass away or pass out. The pain was unbearable. They asked me to rate it on a 1-10 scale. I said about 100.

My wife said they gave me toradol too, hard to remember I was also curled up in a ball.

31 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Leaf blowers are OK for final clean up but I swear raking is faster for bulk leaf cleanup.  Couldn’t get the blower started this afternoon and I was amazed how quickly raking went. 

Even better is to hire some kids, they do mine for $225 and it used to take me two weekends to get it done. I have an acre with a tone of leaves, PITA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Leaf blowers are OK for final clean up but I swear raking is faster for bulk leaf cleanup.  Couldn’t get the blower started this afternoon and I was amazed how quickly raking went. 

I have to disagree strongly here.  My back-pack blower is my favorite thing after my chainsaw.

10 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I have to disagree strongly here.  My back-pack blower is my favorite thing after my chainsaw.

It just seems like the bulk clean up progresses faster with a rake and tarp.  It’s the secondary pick up that becomes a PIA with a rake.  Of course I’m not using a Husqavana pro series either so I’m sure a higher HP is faster and more efficient.  
Maybe next year I’m going to go up a level with a new blower.

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It just seems like the bulk clean up progresses faster with a rake and tarp.  It’s the secondary pick up that becomes a PIA with a rake.  Of course I’m not using a Husqavana pro series either so I’m sure a higher HP is faster and more efficient.  

I never want to touch a rake again.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

When I used to do it I have a Husky pro, I can blow into the woods, my brother has to bag, he has a ton of bags filled. That's another step that sucks.

37 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

When I used to do it I have a Husky pro, I can blow into the woods, my brother has to bag, he has a ton of bags filled. That's another step that sucks.

Yup--out the back and into the woods.  Take a little extra to get it over the old farmers wall  No bags for me.

54 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I blow everything into the woods. That’s why I could never live with no woods.  If I ever had ti bag leaves , I would lose it. Can’t think of a worse chore .

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I blow everything into the woods. That’s why I could never live with no woods.  If I ever had ti bag leaves , I would lose it. Can’t think of a worse chore .

That's one of the good things about living in ORH.  The city picks up the leaves.  You just need to blow them into the street.

That's how it used to be (or maybe still is?) in some of the CT towns.  IIRC from my hs days, places like Killingly and Putnam would have all the streets just lined with leaves getting ready to get picked up.

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

That's one of the good things about living in ORH.  The city picks up the leaves.  You just need to blow them into the street.

That's how it used to be (or maybe still is?) in some of the CT towns.  IIRC from my hs days, places like Killingly and Putnam would have all the streets just lined with leaves getting ready to get picked up.

Some urban towns do that but many don’t.  If there’s an early snow or early winter they sit there and rot all winter. Nothing worse than bagging though 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

No kidding?    I have never heard of that before .  Damn, that makes clean up easier.  I tarp or blow into the woods.