Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

At least the divisive rhetoric will disappear.  The differences in their speeches is astounding, back to a normal President who doesn’t drive an axe through the populous every time he speaks. That’s all America asks for.

I think America needs more than a President who sounds nice when giving canned speeches, but OK. 

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We’ll find out.  Tonight’s words are good imho.

We definitely need healing in this country. I am not confident Joe Biden is the decisive and larger-than-life figure needed to corral everyone towards that goal. Trump wasn’t either. But best of luck to everyone. I have set myself up to be as detached from all of this as possible. I will enjoy watching from the sidelines. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

We definitely need healing in this country. I am not confident Joe Biden is the decisive and larger-than-life figure needed to corral everyone towards that goal. Trump wasn’t either. But best of luck to everyone. I have set myself up to be as detached from all of this as possible. I will enjoy watching from the sidelines. 

No.  He is not a larger than life figure to be sure.  He is also not deluding himself that he is. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

20 years before my time but a big Boston fan. Really like the intro to Rock & Roll Band and Peace of Mind might be one of my favorite songs. Love'd playing that one of Guitar Hero.  The last section of just instruments before the final chorus at the end of More Than a Feeling is just awesome.

Best part for me is i got to witness them backstage here in Maine back in the 70's as they were up and up coming band  and opened for the headliner Blue Oyster Cult, .38 Special also performed as well, It was one of many concerts i witnessed first hand working for a promoter back in the day.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Incredible amount of holiday lights I’ve seen out already. I think people are ready for the holidays. It’s usually to early, but not this year 

Iv noticed that. My neighbor already has their Christmas tree up. People looking for some joy in the world with covid and election stress.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Best part for me is i got to witness them backstage here in Maine back in the 70's as they were up and up coming band  and opened for the headliner Blue Oyster Cult, .38 Special also performed as well, It was one of many concerts i witnessed first hand working for a promoter back in the day.

Holy cow that an amazing lineup. You are quite fortunate

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I don’t expect perfection but it’s nice to have positivity surrounding the vibe of the country again. 

Great speech...have to turn it into action though. 

I wouldn’t expect anything considering the Dems were pushed backwards in every single other category on election night. 

• Weenie 1

I would have rather thrown Mitch McConnell out of Washington  

Thou politics is so broken regarding  representing the American people , Build back better is Likely little more than a marketing campaign by xyz to profit and  touted by politicians to be good for us , people should not be deluding themselves into thinking solutions will be coming from Washington , even thou it’s as tempting as a weenie looking at the Nam solution 84 hours out . Maybe more tempting .

But yes his speech was good , all I could hear playing was “lie to me I promise I’ll believe “. Call me skeptical . Thou the vibe will be much better at least .

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Holy cow that an amazing lineup. You are quite fortunate

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Charlie Daniels, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, Peter Frampton, Queen, Foghat, Jimmy Hendrix, Bruce Springstein, BTO, Clarence Clemons, Uriah Heep it goes on and on, I was blessed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Charlie Daniels, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, Peter Frampton, Queen, Foghat, Jimmy Hendrix, Bruce Springstein, BTO, Clarence Clemons, Uriah Heep it goes on and on, I was blessed.

Nice!  Big fan of all of them.  Cheap Trick and REO Speedwagon we’re monsters live!  I never got to see Queen or Hendrix but almost all of the others.  You may be the only person I can think of right now that has seen vintage Uriah Heep.  Pioneers of hard rock.  Rank right up there with Deep Purple,

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Lol at the Four Seasons Landscaping debacle.  

My wife and I were literally laughing out loud when we read that and saw pictures of a legitimate press conference being held in front of a beat down garage door in the back parking lot of a landscaping business.

You just can’t make it up, too perfect.

• Haha 2

Maybe discussed prior but Denmark is Killing all their mink. 15-17 million of them .

A Scientist discovered a mutated strain past from animal to humans and yup . 
Seems odd and extreme but wow , the risk would be mutated strain would lead to ineffective vaccines.

On the good news front Experts in UK say the Second Wave has peaked, now i guess we see if it stays elevated for winter or falls way back down in a few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Maybe discussed prior but Denmark is Killing all their mink. 15-17 million of them .

Seems odd and extreme but wow , the risk would be mutated strain would lead to ineffective vaccines.

On the good news front Experts in UK say the Second Wave has peaked, now i guess we see if it stays elevated for winter or falls way back down in a few weeks. 

I didnt know about this and went to look it up. Good read. 

A vaccine would be nice soon. 

8 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’m not a fan of wiping out an entire species of animal in a country to protect ourselves from another strain. It’s a bad precedent. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nice!  Big fan of all of them.  Cheap Trick and REO Speedwagon we’re monsters live!  I never got to see Queen or Hendrix but almost all of the others.  You may be the only person I can think of right now that has seen vintage Uriah Heep.  Pioneers of hard rock.  Rank right up there with Deep Purple,

Never gt to see Deep Purple or Grand Funk Railroad, A couple others i would have like to have seen.

36 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

They are all on farms.

Next it will be the homeless 

I’m kidding completely , however human nature doesn’t change and I believe many would be absolutely frightened of what “good people” would go along with if they were in fear for their life and crazy solutions By “experts on TV” were deemed “hard almost unconscionable choices that had to be made “

Look at the milligram experiment 

Look at what Americans seemed to be fine doing to innocent men and women and children in Japan when we burned them alive , never can and never will I understand how the public swallowed that one , And doesn’t look back on that as heinous war crimes. 

• Like 1