Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

LOL

I appreciate the sentiment but it’s clear there will be no media or “expert” scolding of those at these celebrations. 

Jake Tapper on CNN has scolded them several times today for not distancing. Just did it again in the last 5 minutes. That being said, Biden needs to say something tonight.

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

There passing around champagne bottles and blunts too lol. I know where I won't be at 8:00 pm .....and that's watching TV . I'll be outside at the Firepit listening to New wave tunes drinking heavily. :drunk:

That’s a fantastic response. I can’t imagine anyone would waste their Saturday night watching that blasphemy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

There passing around champagne bottles and blunts too lol. I know where I won't be at 8:00 pm .....and that's watching TV . I'll be outside at the Firepit listening to New wave tunes drinking heavily. :drunk:

You couldn't pay me enough to be in those crowds, covid or not.

The Cure?  New Order? I love the Killers and Strokes, who were largely inspired by New Wave/post punk.

54 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL

oh man this is going to be so fun to watch. 

Best of luck with the new administration. I’m sure they will be tough and decisive. 

At least the divisive rhetoric will disappear.  The differences in their speeches is astounding, back to a normal President who doesn’t drive an axe through the populous every time he speaks. That’s all America asks for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

New Wave / Alternative 

Talking Heads, Tubeway Army, Bauhaus, The Clash ,Violent Femmes,   Rush, INXS, Cure, New Order, Crowded House, Depeche Mode,  Tears for Fears, Duran Duran and many more 

I enjoy lots of pop rock and hard rock too but I gravitate to New Wave /Alternative late 70s and 80s . 

I enjoy all that stuff, plus Soundgarden, Pearl Jam etc. as well as the newer alt rock bands. Still love me some SOAD too. Nu Metal!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Love good guitar bands too. This is my fave song from Boston,. Great acoustic intro, and one of the greatest guitar outros of all time IMO.

20 years before my time but a big Boston fan. Really like the intro to Rock & Roll Band and Peace of Mind might be one of my favorite songs. Love'd playing that one of Guitar Hero.  The last section of just instruments before the final chorus at the end of More Than a Feeling is just awesome.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

20 years before my time but a big Boston fan. Really like the intro to Rock & Roll Band and Peace of Mind might be one of my favorite songs. Love'd playing that one of Guitar Hero.  The last section of just instruments before the final chorus at the end of More Than a Feeling is just awesome.

A good friend of mine worked for Tom Scholz and helped design some equipment for him in the early 90s.  Very talented dude (both of them really)

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

Loved that song growing up.  Still do, but I was all in on that one for a while.