Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Same for Gov. Mills.  Fortunately the "public settings" definition for outdoor spaces lists places where people gather, though it also has the inevitable "not limited to" phrase.  Keeping one's mask in place while bushwhacking thru the Maine woods would require attaching the mask with duct tape.  :lol: 

I went for a walk the other night when it was pretty chilly, the idea of wearing a face mask seemed smart despite nobody being around! :shiver:

• Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

its like finally getting the EURO to latch on to the blizzard being shown by most models....GFS is Nevada at the moment, might show the blizzard after the snow starts falling

NAM was 538 with zonked out amounts...gotta cut those numbers by 2/3. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some continue to ignore the wedge that he pounded through. Just like when extremists attacked the Boston Marathon, we have to flush out the terrorists no matter who they associate with. To turn a blind eye and not be concerned about the alt right white supremacy movement is ignorant.  They are all around us. When Tucker Carlson on Fake News tells millions of viewers, “R’s have 70% of the guns, blood will flow.” I guess that is his first amendment right to spew and incite violence?

Vote for whoever you want but this is bigger than politics moving forward. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Can't wait for the postmortem on the polls this time. Maybe they all donate their money to Selzer?

The polls were wrong but I think some will be saved by all the mail in ballots which everyone knew would be heavily Democratic.  Nationally it might not be that far off...some of the state polls though, yikes.

34 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Some continue to ignore the wedge that he pounded through. Just like when extremists attacked the Boston Marathon, we have to flush out the terrorists no matter who they associate with. To turn a blind eye and not be concerned about the alt right white supremacy movement is ignorant.  They are all around us. When Tucker Carlson on Fake News tells millions of viewers, “R’s have 70% of the guns, blood will flow.” I guess that is his first amendment right to spew and incite violence?

White supremacy? Trumps vote grew among black and Latino voters lol

• Weenie 2

12 minutes ago, natedizel said:

White supremacy? Trumps vote grew among black and Latino voters lol

Let them keep believing what they want. They were trounced at the state and local level and will barely squeak in a do-nothing President under a black cloud. If they want to spike a football over that, let them. Lord knows some people really need these small wins in 2020. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 3

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

That's one small step for Republicans, one giant leap for White Supremacists.

Well put. I wasn’t following that rational. 

People vote for a variety of reasons but when a politician has every chance to denounce white nationalism but never does...what other proof do we need?

Are D politicians perfect? Hell no. They have issues themselves...but I have yet to hear one be pro white nationalism. 

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Congrats. He gained 2-4% there but it usually takes months to get a true number. What is your point again?

My point is support is growing for Republicans in a place it shouldnt and if it continues for the next decade its a problem for Dems. How does a white supremacist win Miami dade?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Let them keep believing what they want. They were trounced at the state and local level and will barely squeak in a do-nothing President under a black cloud. If they want to spike a football over that, let them. Lord knows some people really need these small wins in 2020. 

You didn’t vote for Biden?!

<duck and run>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He's absolutely going to get people killed if he continues to tell his supporters that the election has been stolen, it's fraudulent, etc. I think many underestimate the number of people that have been primed for domestic terrorism by years and years of exclusively consuming right-wing/conspiracy driven media. 

edit: I think there's a big difference between normal Republicans and the white supremacist alt-right types. 

1 minute ago, natedizel said:

My point is support is growing for Republicans in a place it shouldnt and if it continues for the next decade its a problem for Dems. How does a white supremacist win Miami dade?

The Dem platform that other poster is still repeating was very strongly rejected by voters at the state and local level. The National vote was simply a referendum on Donald Trump. 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

He's absolutely going to get people killed if he continues to tell his supporters that the election has been stolen, it's fraudulent, etc. I think many underestimate the number of people that have been primed for domestic terrorism by years and years of exclusively consuming right-wing/conspiracy driven media. 

edit: I think there's a big difference between normal Republicans and the white supremacist alt-right types. 

Will more people be killed by this than were killed in unfettered riots over the summer, in your opinion?

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Well put. I wasn’t following that rational. 

People vote for a variety of reasons but when a politician has every chance to denounce white nationalism but never does...what other proof do we need?

Are D politicians perfect? Hell no. They have issues themselves...but I have yet to hear one be pro white nationalism. 

Donald Trump is not a Republican, yet they voted for him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

I have to give it to Trump though, I mean he had this playbook running for 6 months.  If elected, it’s all good.  But the backup plan is voter fraud if he loses and always had been.  His legal team had hundreds of lawsuits pre-drafted in the event things started going south and they needed to be deployed.  He knew he’d win Election Day months ago but that most mail in votes would heavily favor Dems.  They also litigated to not allow early counting of mail in votes so as not to show strong pre-election day numbers for Biden (which is a good idea to not release all those early votes) but then on the flip side if they can’t count them early, it’ll be days afterward to count them.

I mean I can’t fault the playbook, he knew what he was doing and is executing it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No one did. They voted against Trump. No one likes Harris and the old man or anything they’re doing 

Anyone but Trump.  Thankful our country barely seems to be pulling its head out of its ass if Biden can beat that guy.  Really shows why his approval polls were always so low.